Tuesday, February 12, 2008

You Color My World! and What I Love about Vegas.


I got this crazy idea to make our own Valentines this year for Jarek's class and Emme's Kindergarten Prep and primary classes. I found these cute melted crayon hearts on-line. I bought the miniature heart shaped muffin pan at Michael's and we peeled TONS of crayons (that was definitely the hardest part. I did find that soaking them in water for a few minutes sometimes helped. Some would pop right out of the paper but others had to be peeled in tiny pieces.) Then we broke the crayons and melted them in the mold at 250 degrees for 10 minutes or so. I don't know if you can tell in the picture but I found a cute Valentine font and printed "You COLOR my World" and "You Melt My Heart" on cardstock. They are cute, but I'm thinking we'll go back to just buying Valentines next year.

There are lots of things about living in Las Vegas that I don't care for....but today I have been reminded of what I love most about Vegas. It's 71 degrees here right now! While several of my friends are posting about how cold it is where they live and how much snow they have, we're basking in t-shirt weather. Don't get me wrong, I do like to see snow. Especially when it first falls and everything looks pure and white. But, I don't like to touch it, or drive in it, or shovel it. I love that my kids can play outside all year long here with no more than a light jacket. I'm sure I'll be changing my tune in a couple of months and complaining about the excessive heat, but for now I'm just going to enjoy it! I think we'll go play outside when Camden wakes up from his nap.

3 comments:

  1. What a really cute idea for valentine's. I was wondering how to make those...but not wondering enough to go find out.

    It has been really cold here with lots of snow. More than usual. Piles of it. It melted alot today, it was in the high 30's. Now there are little streams and small lakes that will freeze over tonight.
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just thinking how nice it would be to be in warm weather, however we were at 36 degrees or so today, that is t-shirt weather for me. I must be cold blooded.
    I'm sure I'll move soon, but not to warmer weather. But a new adventure will work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute idea! Your kids Valentines look fantastic. I can't say that I was very into the whole valentine thing this year. They come home and throw them all away the next day. So we just gave out tatoos! What kids doesn't love a good tatoo?!? I am sooo jealous of the weather there. Really it sounds so great! It is so miserable here right now and the kids and I are going stir crazy being inside all of the time. I love the weather in vegas! I didn't hate the summers there too bad, but we did have the giant water slide to keep us cool! That was fun. Anyway- I'll talk to you soon

    Lacie

    ReplyDelete

Anyone should be able to comment, but if you use the anonymous tab make sure to leave your name with your post. Thanks!