Monday, September 14, 2009

Children's Rodeo Layout

At one point I had decided that I would only post about events after I had scrapped them so I could post my layouts instead of just pictures. Obviously that didn't work out....that may be part of why I haven't posted as often as I used to though. I don't think I'll make any more crazy decisions like that, you'll just have to put up with seeing my pictures twice -- once when I post about the event, then again when I finally get them scrapped (which will probably be MONTHS apart knowing me, so you really shouldn't complain!). I've also realized that sometimes a layout takes away from a picture and scrapbooking is often more about the page than it is about the pictures. Which can be good, I think that's part of what makes my books so fun for my kids to look at.... but sometimes just a picture is good enough ;)

I'm really tired so I don't know if any of that makes sense, but here is the layout I did tonight:



4 comments:

  1. Made sense to me. Blogging is about what and how you want it to be and staying in touch with those you do not see often. At least that is what I think it is. As far as seeeing your pictures twice....I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh... I really should scrapbook more often! Ever since I started to blog, I don't as much... At least they're getting documented somehow... :)

    P.S. I was looking back at some old posts tonight, since I haven't looked at your blog in a little while (I ALWAYS check your photo blog- LOVE your talent! But for some reason, forget to check here). Anyway- I saw that you were wondering a solution for personalized cups... I'm sure you already figured something out, but thought I'd share my idea. A year ago, Dallin gave all of his little friends a plain sippy cup with their name and some kind of design (daisies, stars, cars, etc.) cut out from vinyl. I had the local shop make some up real quick. They have stuck, even through the dishwasher this whole time. Anyway- thought I'd share. :)

    Hope all is well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always come up with the cutest scrap book pages and the fact you do it without the paper mess is so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so...I miss you friend! If I wanted to call you or email you or anything like that...how would I go about doing that? I realized today that my phone numbers and email for you are all prob outdated. Look me up on my fb page, email (melissa@newcombe.com) or blog and give me your contact info. I also need you snail mail addy for Christmas cards. I hope you guys are doing well! I miss you buddy!

    Love, Melissa

    ReplyDelete

Anyone should be able to comment, but if you use the anonymous tab make sure to leave your name with your post. Thanks!