Monday, November 23, 2009

Relief Society Weekday Activities Coordinator

I was sustained and set apart yesterday so I guess it's okay to tell everybody what my new calling is now... since I'm sure the suspense is just killing you! I am the new "Relief Society Weekday Activities Coordinator." Formerly I would have been known as the "Home, Family and Personal Enrichment Coordinator," or just "Enrichment Coordinator," but since we're not using that title anymore it's a little confusing. (Not sure if "activities" is actually supposed to be in there or not but it makes more sense that way). Anyway, I'll be in charge of planning and carrying out the women's activities that take place during the week. Our ward has a large quarterly activity and several smaller monthly activities, I don't even know what they all are yet. I'll work closely with the counselor in our Relief Society Presidency who oversees my position and has been doing this all herself. I'm excited to work with the adult women in our ward and get to know them a little better as I've spent the majority of the time since we moved here working with the Primary and Young Women. However, they didn't release me from my calling as Primary Teacher (I was so hopeful that they would) so I'll still be in Primary most of the time on Sundays.

3 comments:

  1. Oh boy, double duty. You'll do great with this new calling. You are very creative. Have fun with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am excited for you. I know God will do great things with you at your church! I love your heart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! That will be a nice fun change for you!!

    ReplyDelete

Anyone should be able to comment, but if you use the anonymous tab make sure to leave your name with your post. Thanks!