My mom and I and my three youngest monsters went to Salt Lake a few weeks ago while Tim and Tristen were at Scout Camp. We went to Tai Pan, Ikea, Bed Bath & Beyond, and The Wood Connection -- my favorite stores EVER!
While I've been working on decorating the inside, my dad has been hard at work on the outside. He's been leveling our front yard and removed the three large cedar trees that were on the corner in front of the house (thank you Grandpa!). Which means I can take pictures straight on now.

My mom and I planted flowers in the front flower bed shortly after we moved in. I wasn't sure if they were going to make it for a while but they've finally hardened over (the wind is BRUTAL here)and are doing quite well.

We bought this patio set last week and Jarek and I finally put it together the night before last.

This is the rail on our patio that the bank decided we needed to have before we could close. We really like it, but still need to paint it.

The back of the house:

Moving inside...a couple people have asked about our view. I thought I had posted a picture of it when they first framed up our back window, but looking back it wasn't the greatest shot and everything was covered in snow. Someday I hope to actually have a yard out there.

The living room with Tim's new flatscreen that he got for Father's Day. I have big plans for the four top cubbies around the TV, but haven't gotten to that yet...

My clock (from Tai Pan):

Dining room. I spent three weeks the year before we left Vegas sanding and refinishing this dinette set.

Kitchen:


Laundry room clothes line -- I had this idea when we were living in our house in Vegas and bought the clothes line Wallies then, but never got around to putting them up. I found these tiny clothespins online.


New bedding:


Master bath:

One of my favorite things from my little shopping spree, but I actually bought these right before we left from Black Eyed Susan's here in town.

And finally, my latest addition. My mom and I painted this TODAY to sit on the 7' wall between the front room and living room. I need to take another shot in the morning though when the light is coming through the front windows so you can see the detail in the watermelon a little better. I bought the letters at The Wood Connection. I got another set for Halloween and Thanksgiving....hopefully we'll get those painted in time ;)


I really love your new home. I am so glad God gave you this AMAZING home and all of these lovely features. My most favorite thing is that you are so close to your family! Family is everything! I flipping LOVE your Summer letters! And your view is amazing. I remember seeing it one time before and being completely ga ga over it!
ReplyDeleteYour home is lovely. I am excited for you that you are able to get in and get decorating. You do a beautiful job. It looks great so far!
ReplyDelete