Thursday, January 31, 2008

WHEW!!!

I'm back! Our modem went out yesterday morning and I have to say, it's one thing to choose not to get on-line, but it's totally different to want to get on-line and not be able to! I did get Tim to find an open wireless network on his laptop lastnight, but the connection was sooooo slow and I didn't get far. The cable lady (yep, not guy) finally came this morning and confirmed that the modem was bad (duh!), which of course we own so we are responsible for replacing. Luckily, Tim asked around and ended up getting one from a coworker (Thanks Davey...or Jason...or whoever it actually belonged to). So, I got it up and running tonight and everything is good again. ;)

Now, to get down to business: :)

A couple of people have asked about getting notifications when I post, and while it would make sense to me that the link below the posts that says; "Subscribe to: Posts" would do something like that, apparently that's not what it's for (still haven't figured that one out though). Anyway, I'm experimenting with a google group that the blog will automatically e-mail when I post, then the group will e-mail anybody who is subscribed. The link is at the very bottom if you're interested.

Also, I changed the comment settings so anybody should be able to comment now. I think you can choose the "nickname" option and just use your name as the nickname, or you can post anonymously....but still leave your name please so I know who's talking to me (I know, it's not really anonymous then!). I think I'll take off the verification word too since I can approve the comments before they're posted.

Okay, that's all! I have some cute pictures of Camden to post but I haven't downloaded them from my camera yet. Maybe after he goes to sleep.

1 comment:

  1. I had to use the anonymous button to finally get a comment left for you and even then I wasn't sure it posted until the next day. My modem went out once...I was on dial up then so it was the computer modem. I was so upset and then found out it was just loose.
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete

Anyone should be able to comment, but if you use the anonymous tab make sure to leave your name with your post. Thanks!