Thursday, February 28, 2008

Book Tag

Tagged again. This time it's a book tag and these are the rules;
1. Pick up the nearest book (with at least 123 pages)
2. Turn to page 123
3. Find the 5th sentence
4. Post the next three sentences
5. Tag 5 people
My computer sits next to a bookshelf, but it's full of children's books, so I had to get one a little farther away. I finished reading this book a couple of weeks ago and it has definitley changed the way we eat. It's "Disease-Proof Your Child" by Joel Fuhrman. Here it goes:
The genetic makeup of humans is not equipped to deal with fake foods. Artificial foods, as well as cheese, oil, fruit juices, and other sweeteners, have clutivated eating habits richer in calories than a primitive diet of natural foods would contain, and one grossly void of immune-system-supporting nutrients. With such unnatural sources of concentrated calories around, we can pack a huge caloric load into a little one's stomach, supressing their appetite for hours and reducing or eliminating their desire to eat real food.
Those are actually really good sentences to sum up this book.

Okay, so now I'm supposed to tag five other people, but I'm going to change the rules again. Since I don't know if I even have five other people regularly reading, just consider yourself tagged if you are reading this and you want to play along.

2 comments:

  1. It takes a little while to get used to a blog, just hang in there..keep telling everyone about it. At the first I was afraid to leave messages because I thought I sound lame, now I am not sure if I care how I sound so long as I don't hurt anyone's feelings or make anyone angry. So long as I let the person know I read thier online journals.
    There is a place you can get a counter and add it here, I am not sure how you add it. I found out about it because there is another blog on this website I read. Do not comment just read it. The place is called statcounter.com.
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paul, Ry, Brahms and I just got back from a Disney Cruise which had been much anticipated. I was able to finish two books, the first was "the Zookeepers Wife. It was a book about a couple in Poland, during WWII and how they helped the Jews escape and fought back against the Germans. It was a great historical book, as well as nicely written to tell a story. It was slow reading for me, due to time, perhaps mostly. I had started it on a trip in November!
    Then I quickly read Innocent Man, by John Grisham. I've read all of his books and wasn't disappointed with this one. It was different than his usual lawyer books, because its a true story of how an innocent man, and more than one, in fact, was found guilty of murder and sentenced to death in Oklahoma. It exposes all the mistakes of the legal proceedings and the police investigation and shows how mental illness was affected by the whole ordeal and how a mans life was wrecked by injustice. And it makes me wonder if I should believe what I hear on TV or read. Fortunately today we have DNA testing, which eventually was the evidence that freed this man, though not before his life and health were ruined.
    Aleta

    ReplyDelete

Anyone should be able to comment, but if you use the anonymous tab make sure to leave your name with your post. Thanks!