Thursday, February 28, 2008

Oops!

So, as you can see, I made some.....umm.....changes. I've been considering changing things since I first created this blog. I spend way too much time searching on-line for blog templates, but I didn't really know what I was doing and didn't want to mess things up. I even created a test blog to play around with, but it just wasn't the same. I couldn't see all my "stuff" from this blog on my test blog. So, I did it. I uploaded a new template, several actually, but then I tried this one......and somehow I lost lots of stuff, like everything I had on my sidebar. I even created a backup template of all the old stuff before I started messing around, and it saved me a week or so ago when I thought I had messed everything up, but not this time. I can get my colors and layout back, but not all the pictures and information I had typed. So, I guess this is it for now. Try not to get too attached though because, knowing me, it won't last. Over the next few days I'll have to come up with more stuff for my sidebar, but that's okay because I already have something in mind. I did lose some of my links to other blogs though, so if I'm not linked to you, please leave me a comment so I can find your blog again. I actually think it would be fun to figure out how to design my own blog, I like playing around with photoshop......I just don't like having to deal with codes (HTML, XML, etc.). I do like the cute little flower in the upper left hand corner of all the page elements on this layout though. :)

2 comments:

  1. One of the fun things about doing blogs is changing the way it looks and doing it often. I have learned to leave mine alone..sometimes. Still I change often enough. You do choose some nice ones.
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like playing around with stuff too. I had the same problem with the wigets, and so far have not come up with a solution. I want to learn how design my own template too. I even bought a book on HTML. I have not even had time to open it and learn anything however. It may just end up being a pipe dream. Oh well!

    ReplyDelete

Anyone should be able to comment, but if you use the anonymous tab make sure to leave your name with your post. Thanks!