Friday, February 29, 2008

The Golden Hour

In photography, they say the Golden Hour is the hour just before sunset. That hour and the hour just after sunrise are supposed to be the best time to take pictures outdoors. That's when the sun is supposed to give off the most flattering light. I've read about it before but I caught it for the first time today. I was just trying to get a picture of Camden in his "My Mom Rules!" shirt (isn't it cute?). We were outside for a while and I could actually tell by looking at the pictures on my LCD screen when the "Golden Hour" hit. I always have a hard time capturing the blue of Camden's eyes, apparently I just needed to wait for the Golden Hour (and the blue shirt probably helped too).

2 comments:

  1. I hadn't heard that before, but Camden sure proves it. Thanks for the tip, and he is beautiful! It is so wonderful to get to experience of little ones before they are exposed to the rest of the world...that also shows in his face.

    Love, hugs and prayers to all of you.

    Dottie

    ReplyDelete
  2. A handsome young man, an adorable face. Love the look on his face. Shirt is cute. I will have to remember this when I attempt to take pictures.
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete

Anyone should be able to comment, but if you use the anonymous tab make sure to leave your name with your post. Thanks!