Friday, February 15, 2008

Honest Abe

Is this not the cutest little Abraham Lincoln you've ever seen? Jarek's class had their Presidential Ball today and all of his classmates dressed up as either a President or First Lady. They did a waltz then gave a speech about their respective dignitary-- all 31 of them! Have I mentioned that I LOVE Jarek's teachers? They've been planning this since last year and put a ton of work into it. It was a little long but fun to see the kids all dressed up. It's hard to tell in the picture but Jarek's bow tie is made out of a 5 dollar bill with Lincoln's picture in the center. He did pretty good on his speech, but he had it all memorized and could have done better if they hadn't put it right in front of him and tempted him to read along. Oh, and take note of the Presidential Seal on the front of the podium, that was my project over the past three weeks! (If you scroll to the bottom you can pause the music so you can hear what he's saying).

After the Presidential Ball we came home and had a nice little visit with some of Emme's biological family who are in town. She had fun playing Candy Land and Shrek Monopoly with them.

Then my parents took the three older kids to Havasu City in their 5th wheel. So, it's just Tim and Camden and me this weekend.

3 comments:

  1. Wow all that effort in a public school?! You wouldn't get that here, I can tell you that right now. Might I say, you did a phenomenal job on the Presidential Seal! Aren't you talented! Seriously.

    Lacie

    ReplyDelete
  2. He does make a cute little president! Oh and your Presidential Seal is amazing. When my kids are in school, and I have to start doing things like that, I WILL be calling you :)

    ReplyDelete

Anyone should be able to comment, but if you use the anonymous tab make sure to leave your name with your post. Thanks!