Sunday, March 16, 2008
I did it!
So, I decided to start a small blogger design business. I've spent hours and hours figuring out how all of this works and figured I might as well see if I can make some money off of it. My biggest issue is with the copyright laws on all of the digital scrapbooking elements, but I've found a few sites that offer affordable commercial licenses. I even had my first paying customer (thanks Chalene!). It's something I can do entirely from home while my kids play in the same room, the start-up costs are low, and I enjoy it. What more could I want? Well, more paying customers would be good! I'm working on a business blog; Blogger Boutique . I was so excited about the name I came up with, and that the URL was available on blogspot....then Tim came home and said "Doesn't the word Boutique have a sexual connotation?" (Where's his mind???) But my mom insists that it doesn't, so I'm stickin' with it!
at
3:53 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I thinks it's a great name!
ReplyDeleteGood for you! That's fantastic! I know for certain that I don't want to be figuring it out for myself! If you need idea's about it, go to the KT Design link on the top right hand corner of my blog, she's got some good idea's on there about packages and stuff. Since you two don't know each other, why not learn from her since she's done about a billion!
ReplyDeleteBTW: Tell Tim that I too thought of the "blue boutique" but that's only because I'm a pervert!!
Love you tons
Lacie
I always thought the word boutique meant a fancy shopping store. Silly me. I think it is great. Good luck to you. I am sure you will do well with your new business.
ReplyDeleteKathy
I like the name too, I am excited to be a sample. My sister is interested also, she wants more info!
ReplyDelete