Sunday, March 9, 2008

My Little Boy is a Young Man!

Literally! Tristen was ordained a Deacon in church today. When the youth in our church turn 12 years old they graduate from Primary to Mutual. The girls go to Young Womens (of which I am a leader) and the boys go into the Young Men's program and receive the Priesthood. The first level of the Priesthood is the Deacon's Quarum. The Bishop interviews each boy to make sure he's worthy to receive the priesthood, then he's sustained in Sacrament Meeting and set apart (given a special blessing) later that day. Both sets of grandparents and Tim's brother and his family came out for it. One of Tristen's big responsibilities now will be to help pass the Sacrament on Sundays. Good job Tristen!

7 comments:

  1. Congrats to Tristen...I know he will do a great job of being a Deacon. It is so hard to watch them grow up isn't it. My oldest one will be 38 in April, when I thought of this I almost cried. I still see him as my baby.
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe that! Tristen is all grown up and passing sacrament! That's fantastic!! Good job for him for being such a great kid and actually being worthy to receive this wonderful responsibility!

    BTW: your blog looks great!! You are so OCD!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to Tristen!!!! Wow. What a wonderful milestone to reach. Time is sure flying by. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful! That is really exciting. By the way, the new font looks great. I will be giving you a call to have you teach me a few things! You're awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't notice Tim's brother there, I only saw his parents! That is so exciting and fun that everyone got to come! Once again, I love my blog and I love the new look of yours too! Very cute and it does suit you! Good luck with Weds activity, I am sad I will miss it--I have school!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so awesome. I can't believe you have a 12 year old!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ragan, I love so many things about you : ). Your blog, your kids names, your name!, your kids! Could you please move to Pennsylvania soon? Great! : ) Congratulations on this special achievement for Tristen. Knowing our kids are growing up loving and following Jesus is the best thing ever, isn't it? Hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete

Anyone should be able to comment, but if you use the anonymous tab make sure to leave your name with your post. Thanks!