And AFTER:
And from an angle so you can see the cute hearts on the sides:

My next project was cutting Camden's hair, and yes, cutting this boy's hair IS a project! Actually, he was pretty good this time. I've always kept it a little longer than I did the other boys, but my poor baby sweats like crazy. He'd walk outside and come in with his hair soaked to his head. So I did it! I did a short buzz around the back and sides blending into a longer buzz on top. I wanted to cry when I first looked at him after I cut it -- he looks soooo different! Still cute, but different. He seems to have emerged a new attitude to go with his new "do" too. I don't even really have a good after shot of him yet either, but I took this one later that day after he'd played in his splash pool:
I spiked it up with a little gel for church on Sunday and it looked really cute.
My last project (at least the last one I've completed) was staining my wishing well in the backyard. My mom made this wishing well for me when Jarek was a baby. I saw one in a plant nursery and thought it was so cute, but it was soooo expensive. So I convinced my mom that not only could she make one, she should make one for me. So she did, and then she made one for herself and several smaller ones too. I have one of the smaller ones in my front yard but didn't stain it today.
Now it just needs some flowers.
That's all!

I think the table looks great! You should feel totally proud of yourself for getting so many projects out of the way! Yay you! :)
ReplyDeleteHow fun to have a wall decorated! I don't know if I've had one of those since I've been married. Maybe soon!
ReplyDeleteCute table, cute hair, cute well. Where's my birthday present I gave you???
The table is really nice. At first I am going...black paint on wood (I love the wood colors) but it looked good. Cute hair on Camden. I love the wishing well. I keep Coby's hair real short. Strange how their attitudes change with the length of the hair, but it does. I wonder why that is.
ReplyDeleteI did actually consider refinishing the table to match our dinette set (that I spent three weeks refinishing last year), but when I started sanding I decided it was going to be too much work to get ALL of the old stain off. So it met the same fate as most everything that comes into my house, black paint!
ReplyDelete