I made Peanut Butter Fingers tonight for refreshments for our Young Women's activity. They are Tim's favorite dessert and he was NOT happy to see me walk out the door with them (and neither were the kids). Luckily I had some left over to bring home. I had them at another church activity last year and HAD to find a recipe for them. I don't know if this is the exact recipe or not, but it's VERY good....good enough that I decided it was "blog-worthy!"
Peanut Butter Fingers
1/2 C butter, room temp
1/2 C sugar
1/2 C brown sugar
1 egg, room temp
1/3 C peanut butter
1/2 t baking soda
1/4 t salt
1/2 t vanilla
1 C flour
1 C quick oats
1 C semi-sweet choc chips
2-4 T milk
1/2 C powdered sugar
1/4 C peanut butter
Preheat oven to 350*. Cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Blend in egg, 1/3 C peanut butter, soda, salt, and vanilla. Add flour and oats, mix well. Spread in buttered 9X13 pan. Bake 20-25 mins until lightly browned. Immediately sprinkle with choc chips, let stand 5 minutes, spread. Combine powdered sugar, 1/4 C peanut butter, and milk. Drizzle topping over bars (I use a piping bag).
Wednesday, April 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Sounds really good. Thank you for sharing.
ReplyDeleteI wish I had an oven. I did have some one lend me a toaster oven, maybe that will work.
ReplyDeleteBut I can't copy and paste, I'm sorry I plagarize your work, you didn't have to go and make it so I couldn't anymore. :):):)
Talk about making me upset that I couldn't come because I had to go to school! Now I am going to have to make my own! Those things are yummy!!
ReplyDeleteI disabled the right click because I got paranoid. If you do want something from my blog though just let me know and I'll send it to you (or teach you how to get around the disable).
ReplyDeleteUmmm, I'm not sure if they'd work in a toaster oven! :p
Mmmmmmmm those sound so good! I may have to give that recipe a good try! :-) Pep
ReplyDeletePS .. love what you did with the black table.