It's getting quite warm here, which means that Nana and Grandpa are starting to think about heading back home for the summer. They invited us to go to Death Valley to spend some time with them this weekend. Unfortunately, all of the campgrounds there were full, so we decided to go back to Cottonwood Cove. Anyone who knows me well knows that I am NOT a camper! But, if you're going to camp, then camping in a 5th wheel is the way to go! Running water, flush toilet, electricity, stove, microwave -- that's my idea of camping! We went up last night and grilled hamburgers. Tristen and Jarek slept in their little tent (that I set up all by myself! Okay, so it was easy, but I still did it by myself). Tim and I stayed up late playing cards with my parents. Some of the other campers were quite noisy (we happened to pick a night in between camp hosts), and the boys woke up at first daylight this morning, so we didn't get a whole lot of sleep. The kids got to feed the ducks and swim in the lake and play in the sand again today. We lathered them with sunblock but Tim forgot to put it on himself and he looks like a cherry tonight. Tim, Camden and I came home to get a good night's sleep, but Nana and Grandpa are keeping the other three kids until Monday since they have the day off school.




The only way to camp. It would have been me that forgot to sunscreen myself, I really hate sunburns too. The kids look like the had lots of fun. I love that one with Camden kicked back in his chair. And the one with the turtle. My kind of tent too.
ReplyDeleteI love it! I can't even begin to imagine creepy crawly bugs sleeping beside me on the ground...Don't you just love grandparents and overnight sleepovers? Me too! : ) Have a happy week.
ReplyDeleteCamping is so much fun!!! You just can't leave your blog alone though can you! I like it, WAY CUTE!!!
ReplyDelete