Seriously! Today is day # four of no sense of smell and very little sense of taste for me. This cold is amazing really, I've never seen, and definitely never experienced (thankfully!), anything like it before. On a happier note, my eyes are feeling much better and I'm not coughing or sneezing as much now. You'd think that not being able to taste would discourage me from eating. Nope! I think I'm hoping that if I keep eating, eventually I will be able to taste something. Saturday at the lake I had this brownie mint ice cream sandwich that looked sooooo good, but it did nothing for me. Sunday I made a roast that turned out very tender, but unfortunately that's all I can tell you about it. I can taste salt a little, and every once in a while I'll get just a hint of whatever I'm eating. Not being able to smell does come in handy when I have to change Camden's diaper. But, it also causes a problem there because I can't tell when he needs to be changed, so my poor baby is rashed. Tim said he lost his taste for about four days. So, I should be coming out of it soon, right?
This is the cold that never ends. It just goes on and on my friends.......ha! Now you're going to have that song in your head for the rest of the day, which is only fair, since it's already in mine. :-)
Tuesday, April 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Bummer! Hopefully you are on the downward slope. The site looks great by the way. You seem to still have your design senses.
ReplyDeleteI do hope you get better soon. I would hate having my sense of smell and taste being gone, well sometimes it might be nice to lose the sense of smell.
ReplyDeleteHave you been to the Dr. yet? You really need to go if you haven't :) I could go without smelling but I love food. Not being able taste yummy things would be the worse. I hope you start feeling better soon!
ReplyDeleteso sorry that you're still so sick. That's such a bummer. I've been sick as well. I hope you snap out of it soon. It sounds so yucky.
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry this is dragging! Hope your leave of senses returns very soon. :)
ReplyDeleteI am sorry that you are still sick!! On a brighter note, the new blog layout is super cute, at least you haven't lost your vision!
ReplyDeleteFeel better and let me know if you need anything