Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Echo Bay & STILL Sick!

Nana and Grandpa are staying in their 5th wheel at Echo Bay on Lake Mead right now and they invited us over for dinner Sunday. It was about an hour drive from our house. We left just after lunch and listened to the afternoon session of conference on the way. The kids wanted to get in the water SOOO bad, but there was only a boat dock there and no swimming allowed. So, after our yummy dinner we headed over to a place called Stewart's Peak. At first it looked like we still weren't going to be able to get into the water because there were mostly little cliffs and drop-offs into the water, but we found this really neat little cove with a tiny little secluded beach. It was pretty late in the afternoon by this point and the beach was completely shaded by the cliff behind us so it was a little chilly, but the kids didn't mind.

They had a blast getting nice and muddy....and as soon as I finish cleaning the sand that is all over my car and now all over my house, I might have happy memories too ;) Camden LOVES the water, or "aatow" as he calls it, and even though he was shivering, he still fussed when I pulled him out of it. They played in the sand for a while after they got out of the water. Nana and Emme made a sand aligator,

and Tristen made......something.

It was a fun day. Thanks Nana and Grandpa! We drove home through The Valley of Fire, which I had never been to before. We'll have to spend a Saturday there sometime.

I've decided that Tim does not have allergies. How do I know this? Because my cold has taken the same route as his. My nose is draining, my eyes are burning, and I've started sneezing (on top of the cough that still hasn't gone away). This cold is brutal!!! It really is unusual for us to get sick like this, especially since we've lived in this warmer climate. I had hoped that the other three kids weren't going to get sick, but Camden has caught it :( He started coughing the day before yesterday. After lunch today (what little he ate of it) he climbed from his chair onto mine and put his little arms around my neck (so he could grab my hair) and his head on my shoulder, and he was out before Emme finished eating. Poor little guy! I'm taking him to the Dr. this afternoon. I hate Dr's and avoid them usually, I think they over-medicate in general. Most likely I'll be disappointed that I took him. I normally wouldn't take him in for a cold, but I definitely don't want him to be as miserable as Tim and I have been for as long as we have been *IF* there's anything they can do about it.

5 comments:

  1. This is so funny! EVERY single time I take Kaishon to the Doctor they tell me has a common cold. Even if we go in for flu like symptoms or something equally unrelated to a cold, we walk out of there with a COLD DIAGNOSIS! Crazy! I hope he feels better. The water looked nice. Not dirty : ), just nice! Have fun vacuming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great fun for everyone. Thanks for sharing the pictures. I love them. Yes this is a very nasty cold/virus thing that is going around. I hope everyone feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun for all of you!!! I love to get out, go do something with the kids. I sure hope you all get feeling better. Your family has had much of the plague!

    Lacie

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like so much fun! What I'd give to be back on Lake Mead!! Aubrey made a little 4 leaf clover thing at school and wrote if she could have one wish it would be to have Vegas weather so she could be wearing shorts by now! Im sure she is very Jealous of your kids!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, it is sooooo fun for me to see your kids somewhat dirty!!! It was also fun to see your mom and dad, I haven't seen them for a long time! I hope you guys get over the cucky stuff and have a illness free, rest of the year! That is a bit optomistic isn't it!
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete

Anyone should be able to comment, but if you use the anonymous tab make sure to leave your name with your post. Thanks!