Thursday, April 3, 2008

Scooter Boy & PTA

Okay, so I realize that I'm his mom, so of course I think everything Camden does is great. But, you have to admit, it's pretty impressive that a not-quite two-year-old can ride a scooter this well! He watched the other kids ride for a long time and he's been trying to ride for months, but he just recently got it down and now he zips around and around our backyard on this thing.

I am now officially the PTA Secretary for our elementary school for the 2008-2009 school year. I'm the secretary this year too, so it's not really that big of a deal, but it all happened kind of suddenly. Last year the old principal was very involved in selecting the PTA officers, and asked us all personally if we would do it. This year the nominating committee didn't really happen and the new principal didn't even show up for the meeting Tuesday night. So, I kind of won by default, since I am currently the secretary and willing to do it again. I don't mind doing it. Hopefully it secures our zone variance for next year. I'm just a little concerned about the new principal. Our elementary school is the ONLY thing that keeps me in Vegas and I'd hate to see it change.

2 comments:

  1. I am impressed with Camden's skill. Coby is still clumsy. I can't help him find his center of balance so he can do things without falling. The principal needs to be involved with the whole school for the school to work right. The one at Coby's school is great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the younger kids always pick up things quicker because they are trying to keep up with the big boys! He is so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Anyone should be able to comment, but if you use the anonymous tab make sure to leave your name with your post. Thanks!