Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Sick House!

I feel like our house has been the sick house for the past two months. The last two weeks of February we had a cold that made it's rounds through each of us (Tim thought he had escaped that one, but it found him). Tristen's cough lasted almost a full month. Then two weeks ago Tim came down with ANOTHER cold. He thought maybe it was allergies, and I hoped it was, because allergies aren't contagious. But no, it wasn't allergies...at least not all of it. I started with a headache last Wednesday, that lasted four days and still comes back to haunt me a little each day, then the cough and BURNING sore throat set in. I think this is the sickest I've been in quite a while. I try not to take medication. I was reading about how suppressing the symptoms of a cold can actually prolong it. I stuck it out for a few days, but by Sunday I was ready for REAL DRUGS. I took the strongest Tylenol Cold we could find and, other than the awful taste, it was great stuff! I am finally feeling better today, and drug-free again (at least for the time being). I was able to get most of the house cleaned up this morning, it's amazing what happens when I don't clean for even a couple of days! Tim was sweet and took care of lunch and dinner on Sunday, but he's determined that part of his problem IS allergies and he's still not feeling great. Jarek got sick when I did, but luckily he didn't get the headache, and I sent him back to school today. I felt bad when he looked back and waved good-bye though because I could see in his eyes that he still wasn't feeling great, but they're doing Interim testing and he really needed to be there. I'm just praying that Tristen, Emme, and Camden don't come down with this one now.

8 comments:

  1. Being sick is so icky! I am glad you took some Tylenol cold. I swear by that stuff when I am sick! I don't mind non prescription drugs at all! Now prescription drugs make me a little nervous, but ANYTHING is better than pain! Have a great COLD FREE day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bummer! I'm sorry you guys aren't doing well. I know how frustrating that is. I hope you get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure hope you get better soon, being sick is no fun. There is a viral infection running around here. It may be what you have.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh! We had that a few weeks ago and it's brutal! And I know exactly what you mean about the house going to pot while you are on "sick" leave. Bless your heart. Hope everyone starts feeling better SOON!
    :) Laurenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. THat sucks, I hope you all get feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Regan, Your Blog is GREAT!! You are so smart in figuring out how to get it sooo cute! Hope you all feel better soon, Love Becky

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not fun! I heard that virus is going around really bad in UT. I HATE being sick! Hope things get better soon!!!
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Ragan,
    I LOVE getting on your blog site! So fun to see the pictures and "hear" what's new! Sorry to hear you guys have been sick, NOT FUN! I'm glad you're starting to feel better, cleaning house is a sure sign of that! Easter looked like a fun time, you have the children dressed so nice as is the norm for you. :) Take care, more later! Sandy

    ReplyDelete

Anyone should be able to comment, but if you use the anonymous tab make sure to leave your name with your post. Thanks!