Tristen left for Scout Camp today. They're going to Camp Levi Levi, which is somewhere close to Kingman, AZ. This is the first year he's been old enough to go and I'm having mixed feelings. They'll be gone a whole week! And by a "week" I had thought they meant from Monday to Saturday like when the girls go to camp....but no, they meant a FULL week -- he left today and won't be back until next Saturday afternoon. He's only been gone that long before when he stayed with my parents, and we just started letting him sleep over at his friends' house within the past year... and that's only for one night at a time. (Yes, I know I'm a little overly protective.) The one thing that makes it okay is that Tim will be joining them from Wednesday to Friday. They were going to be short a leader those days so they asked Tim to go. He hates scouts, but he's a good daddy and when Tristen first started talking about going to camp I had told Tim that maybe he better go with him, so he's going.My parents have been here this week (and I was so glad because my mom sewed all of the patches on Tristen's shirt -- Thanks Nana!) and they're going to take Emme home with them for a while. Our house is going to be soooo quiet next week!

It is hard for parents to let their children be watched by strangers for that long of a time. I had a hard time letting go too. My baby was the hardest on me. Now raising the grandson I find myself in the same spot, hard to let go. Tristen will have so much fun though.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy the quiet moments you will have. Grandparents are great aren't they.
I'm ok with scout camp as long as I never have to be a part of it. Or any scouts for that matter. I NEVER want to be called as a scout leader. I'd pretty much decide that I was leaving the church forever! He looks so cute in all his getup!
ReplyDeleteA week sure seems like a long time, when you're the parent of a child going! I'm sure he'll be fine, and having Tim go will be good! Dave isn't a big fan of scouts either, but he has to be because he is the 11 year old leader!
ReplyDeleteHave fun with the quiet house!