Tuesday, August 19, 2008

We're back!

Did you miss us? Yeah right, you probably didn't even notice we were gone! :p We went to Tim's family reunion in UT this past weekend. Then his little brother and sister both blessed their babies on Sunday. We came back Sunday night but I'm just now getting around to posting. I think the problem is that I have a TON of pictures and I'm not sure where to start.

I didn't finish up Jarek's birthday so I guess we'll start there. His suprise was lunch at Peter Piper Pizza (I bet you've just been dying to know). He had fun and he had a good time at his first night of Cub Scouts too. After Scouts we came home and had cake and ice cream.



What is that cake supposed to be, you ask? (Please tell me you asked -- it will make me feel better since I had no idea what it was when they asked me to make it). It's the Star Wars Death Star, or half of it anyway. He wanted a Star Wars cake and I thought maybe I could find a Darth Vader pan, but no luck. So he settled on the soccer cake and I bought the pan. Then Tristen got this great idea that I should make it into the Death Star, and of course, a soccer ball just wouldn't do after that. So I had to look it up on-line and figure out what it was first of all and how to make it. It's definitley not the prettiest cake I've made but it is the weirdest! I had planned on adding the lines all around it, but I just didn't have time so it had to do.

And now the rest of the weekend will have to wait... I have to get Emme registered for school today. I don't think I ever posted that our zone variances were accepted (YEAH!), and both Jarek and Emme got the teachers I was hoping for. But I realized a few days ago that I never actually took Emme's registration papers back in. I don't think it will be a problem but I better get it done. Then this afternoon Jarek and Emme both have dentist appointments, and I'm going to dinner at the Cheesecake Factory (Yummy!) with my friend Anita. SO, I don't know when I'll get around to editing and posting the rest of the pictures.


4 comments:

  1. I was wondering what was up I kept thinking you must be very busy. I was right..you were very busy. Yummy Pizza my favorite food. the cake was strange. I had no clue so it was good that you told us. I have never watched Star Wars. Any of them. The kids are getting so big. I didn't see that until these pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is Emme going to Kindergarten? That is always such a bittersweet time. She is gorgeous! Like her mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is definitely the weirdest cake I have ever seen. It looks like Jarek loved it and that is all that matters, right! I am glad you had fun at the reunion!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had no idea you were such a talented cake maker! The butterfly was darling! and I knew what the death star was the minute i saw it, so good job!!

    ReplyDelete

Anyone should be able to comment, but if you use the anonymous tab make sure to leave your name with your post. Thanks!