Saturday, September 20, 2008

Gordon Biersch & Luv*it

Tim and I went out for our weekly date tonight. We go out almost every Saturday night. Tristen started baby-sitting several months ago and it is SO nice having a built-in baby-sitter. Tim wanted to go to the Cheesecake Factory and since we needed to drop some stuff off at my aunt's across town, we decided to go to the one in Summerlin. When we got there I realized Gordon Biersch was next door. We've never eaten there before but we went to "Bite of Las Vegas" last fall, which is kind of like a restaurant fair, and people kept walking by with something that smelled SOOOO good, so we chased it down. It was Gordon Biersch's garlic french fries and they are to die for! You can smell them outside in the open air from 20 feet away, and now I'm afraid that we're going to smell that way tomorrow. Obviously, we changed our minds and ate there instead. Maybe we'll still get to the Cheesecake Factory before we leave...

After dinner we went to my Aunt Lucy and Uncle Ron's and visited with them for a while. Then we stopped by Luv*it's on the way home. It's Tim's favorite frozen custard place. It looks like this little run down shack and it's in kind of a scary neighborhood just off the end of the Strip, but it is the best frozen custard we've ever tasted. The owner is the only employee and he works 7 days a week. He makes a coconut custard that I absolutely LOVE, but he didn't have it tonight so I had a Butterscotch Crumble and Tim had his usual, Banana Fudge Crumble. This is definitely one thing we are going to miss about Vegas!

I'm feeling a "What I Love about Vegas" post coming on, but not tonight. This will just have to be a preview.

7 comments:

  1. Oh Ragan! I feel so sad for you when I think about how hard it is to pack up and move. You are going to be fine though! I know it : ). Even better than fine! This date night sounds so great! We haven't gone out alone in about 11 months : ). We keep meaning to, but Gary has the worst work schedule ever.

    I wish I could go support that man's custard stand. 7 days a week is a lot! I hope he is happy! Have a marvelous week! Love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your night out sounded sooo nice.

    I read back to see what's up with you moving! I think you're actually gonna love it, once it's done and over. You'll miss Vegas for sure - but a simpler life can certainly have its rewards, too!

    Thinking of you! Hugs! Pep

    ReplyDelete
  3. We loved the custard, too, when we stopped there during our last vacation. Thanks for sharing your little secret with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, I have been going to Luv It Custard since I was in High School at Valley. One of my best friends took me there. I love the Strawberry custard. I can't remember the exact name of it. It has been a long time since I have had one. I really love garlic. Those fries sound gooood!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now I am just sitting here and dreaming about Luv It Custard. Our favorite is the banana custard!! I also get the banana fudge crumble every single time I go! How's all the packing going and when is the big day?? Make sure and let us know!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a great time. Someday I will make it there to Vegas and look at all the nice places I can see now because of you telling about them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can I say when I went on your blog earlier I started bawling. Seeing all the pics of you and your family made me realize how much our whole family will miss you guys! I couldn't even read your recent posts because I knew it would make me cry harder. I love you to death and will miss you like crazy. Now I made my kids cry...

    ReplyDelete

Anyone should be able to comment, but if you use the anonymous tab make sure to leave your name with your post. Thanks!