Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Emme's Birthday


My girlie is 6 today! We've had a crazy-busy day and I feel bad that I'm just now getting a chance to post about it. I got up this morning and baked Emme's cake, then I spent way too much time working on the slideshow (above). I wanted to put it to a birthday song, but I didn't understand the whole mp3 vs. mp4 thing, then I had to go through all of Tim's music to figure out which ones were mp3's and I found that he doesn't really have little girl taste...which I suppose I should be grateful for ;)

I started decorating the cake while Emme was in school, but then I realized that I had a lot less time than I was thinking because I needed to get back to the school 10 minutes before the bell rang to pass out cupcakes to Emme's class (the kids usually ride the bus home and I don't have to worry about them for another hour). I had promised Emme that I'd take her to the park after school if the weather was okay. So we passed out the cupcakes, caught Jarek before he got on the bus, and went to get Tristen from his school to spend an hour in the park. Tim met us there then ran to pick up McDonald's for dinner (Emme's request). I ran the kids home and picked up where I'd left off on the cake. Jaime and Dave and three of their kiddos came over for cake and ice cream and I was still working on the cake when they got here. I even had Jaime wrap Emme's presents which I still hadn't gotten to (thanks Jaime!). After cake and ice cream we had a couple of minutes to relax while Emme played with her gifts, then we ran to the church for Jarek's Pack Meeting. We came home, got the kids in bed, and then I helped Tim make 2 batches of peanut butter bars for his work Thanksgiving luncheon tomorrow (which I wasn't even invited to!).

Even though it was busy, Emme had a good day and that's what matters. She's been counting down the days (and her teacher informed me that her whole class had been counting down with her). Her birthday is a little different for me from the boys' because I wasn't there for her actual birth, but it's still the day she came into this world and I always want her to know how grateful we are that she's a part of our family.



5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Emme! She is a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Emme! You are sure growing up fast. You're a beautiful girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's such a beauty that one! Happy Birthday to your baby girl! I remember her when she was so little! I miss Vegas everytime I think about it. So happy that her day was filled with fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. By the way were did you learn to do these fabulous cakes...you mega, multi talented girl?

    ReplyDelete

Anyone should be able to comment, but if you use the anonymous tab make sure to leave your name with your post. Thanks!