Sunday, December 21, 2008

What We've Been Up To:

I realized that I haven't posted much this month and thought I better catch everybody up to speed.

We had our Ward Christmas party the beginning of the month. The primary put on a little presentation. Jarek was a Shepherd and Emme was an Angel:



And this was Camden in the middle of their presentation (and I mean in the MIDDLE!) -- No, he was not supposed to be part of the show. He's sitting at the top of the stairs that were in the very center of the stage. It was one of those moments when, as much as you might love them the rest of the time, you wish that kid wasn't yours.

He knew I was not happy with him because he had refused several attempts at being coaxed back down off the top of the stairs and I think he thought that if he couldn't see us, we couldn't see him. Tim thought it was funny and decided to take a picture instead of going up to get him. When I finally did get him off the stage, we spent the rest of the presentation in the nursery so he couldn't go back up.

After all of that, Santa dropped by for a visit:

Tristen thought he was too cool to sit on Santa's lap this year......but Tim didn't.


As we were walking out of the church after the party Tim turned to me, in front of all four of our children, and asked "So, who was playing Santa?" I was so mad at him! Luckily Emme and Camden weren't paying attention and Jarek insists that a friend had told him that Santa wasn't real a few days earlier. I think he still wants to believe he is though. I told him that I sat on that same Santa's lap when I was little. And I did! He's a good friend of my dad's and he's been Santa for many, many years now.

Camden absolutely LOVES Thomas the train, and all trains in general, so when I saw this gingerbread train kit I knew we had to make it. We decorated it for Family Home Evening last week:

Camden thought it was great:


Jarek and Emme had another Christmas Presentation at their elementary school last Thursday. It was cute to hear them sing all of the Christmas songs they've been practicing.



My best friend Jaime came over that same day and we made pajama bottoms for all of our kids (9 all together). I don't have any pictures of those yet because I'm not going to let them wear them until Christmas Eve. But I did make this circle skirt for Emme last night:


It was my first attempt at sewing anything other than pajama bottoms and I think it went okay.

And, for all of my Vegas friends who posted about the snow this past week, it looks like that pretty much every day here.

And trust me, it's not so great after about 2 days! It's soooooo COLD here!

Anyway, those are the highlights of our month so far. I'm sure I'll have more to post about this week ;)

6 comments:

  1. Love the pictures, all of them refused to show up for me though. A few at the bottom is only those little red x's. I do not understand why it does that. I loved the story about Camden and his pic with his eyes closed. Sounds like fun to me. We are getting the same snow and cold here after it hits you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a beautiful tree. I love the bright star at the top. I bought Baylee that same adorable and soft red shirt. It looks like the kids are having fun with the holiday events. Have fun with the sewing that is my least favorite craft thing to do. Although my sister Donna has an embroidary machine and it's not really that hard, or much of a pain in my side. I get frustrated with the sewing machine and all the snags, etc. My mom is very good at sewing and I just don't enjoy it. Merry Christmas and Happy New Years!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! I love the picture of Tim on Santa's lap. Your pictures are all great quality. How's the snow up in Roosevelt? We have a lot of snow here, but thinking about a Roosevelt/Neola winter makes me want to cry a little bit from the very thought of the cold. Anyway...Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been busy. The pics of Camden didn't show up for me but that story is hilarious. The train turned out so cute. I also love the snow effect on your blog. Very nice touch : ) I am glad that snow here is gone now. It was pretty for the couple days it was here but its nice to have some warm weather back. Hope you guys stay warm and have an awesome Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merry Christmas Ragan! Your Christmas sounds so special! I am impressed with your sewing skills! Of course you can sew though...there isn't ANYTHING you can't do! Someday I want to be as cool as you! I am crossing my fingers.

    Can't wait to hear about the kids gifts. Your kids are so cute I can't stand it!

    Camden's starring role in the play was HILARIOUS although I am sure it would not have been hilarious if it was my child : ).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jason and I sat and looked at these pictures together and grew very nostalgic! You guys are an awesome family and we sure miss you. We loved the pictures and are amazed at how fast everyone is growing. I loved the picture of Camden and the Christmas tree...too cute! :) Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete

Anyone should be able to comment, but if you use the anonymous tab make sure to leave your name with your post. Thanks!