
I've always thought that 30 was so OLD! I never expected to actually BE 30. I teased Tim like crazy when he turned 30. But it's happened, I've gotten OLD! Why do we have to grow up anyway? I had a hard time with 20 but 30 is even worse. I feel it too. I've noticed that I get tired and sore easier than I used to and there's this stiffness in my fingers that never used to be there. I've also noticed a few fine lines and creases in my forehead.....YIKES! And who can forget about those stray gray hairs that keep popping up?
I'm not really crying though. As much as I don't like being 30, I am enjoying having a birthday ;)
Tim took me to Tepanyaki's while we were in Salt Lake this past weekend.
It's my very favorite restaurant. Every thing is sooooo good, from their Onion Soup and Ginger Salad Dressing to the Fried Noodles and Filet Mignon with teriyaki sauce, which is what we always get. The chef comes and cooks your meal on a hibachi grill at your table. So it's not just dinner, it's entertainment too. I think though, that it was more of a bribe to get me to go to Salt Lake because we're going out again tonight. Of course, our options are MUCH more limited here.Tim also bought me a 50mm lens for my camera, which I am extremely excited about. He bought it before Christmas when he bought my external flash but he wouldn't let me touch it until today. He likes only having to shop once a year for me. I don't think that's fair! I'll post pictures when I get a chance to play with it.
My cousin Lisa tagged me a while ago, and since it's all about Moi, I thought today would be a good day to post it:
8 Favorite TV Shows: I'm not a big T.V. watcher so this isn't easy.
1. NCIS
2. CSI (makes me miss Vegas though)
3. CSI Miami
4. CSI NY
5. Bones
6. Fringe
7. Anything about Interior Design
8. Scrapbooking shows
8 Things I Did Yesterday:
1. Slept-in ~ church isn't until 11 now!
2. Went to church
3. Cooked a roast with potatoes and carrots
4. Made a salad
5. Worked on 2 design orders ~ I know it was Sunday and I usually don't work on Sundays, but I wanted to get as much as I could done so I wouldn't have to do it today.
6. Clipped 20 fingernails (and that's just 1/2 of them)
7. Bed-time routine with the kids (read a story from The Friend, sing a primary song, read a couple verses of the scriptures, say prayer)
5. Worked on 2 design orders ~ I know it was Sunday and I usually don't work on Sundays, but I wanted to get as much as I could done so I wouldn't have to do it today.
6. Clipped 20 fingernails (and that's just 1/2 of them)
7. Bed-time routine with the kids (read a story from The Friend, sing a primary song, read a couple verses of the scriptures, say prayer)
8. Watched CSI NY with Tim
8 Things I Look Forward To:
2. Having our house built...or at least started on!
3. Tim coming home from work
4. The bottom of the laundry hamper (sad, but true!)
5. Watching my kids grow and learn
6. Our 10th anniversary this May (we're thinking maybe Puerto Villarta)
7. Decorating my new house
8. Spring and summer
8 Favorite Restaurants:
2. In-N-Out ~ I told Tim that was what I wanted for my birthday dinner -- the closest one is in St. George :(
3. Strings (a little Italian restaurant in Vegas)
4. Sir Galahad's Prime Rib House in the Excalibur
4. Sir Galahad's Prime Rib House in the Excalibur
5. Del Friscos (fancy steakhouse in Vegas)
6. Round Robin (when it's open!)
6. Round Robin (when it's open!)
7. Chilis
8. The Train Station (Dairy Keen) in Heber.
8 Things On My Wish List:
2. Nice new appliances (SUPER capacity washing machine!)
3. See all my kids marry in the temple and all that suggests (that one is good Lisa).
4. My kids to stop arguing and all get along
3. See all my kids marry in the temple and all that suggests (that one is good Lisa).
4. My kids to stop arguing and all get along
5. Money to not be an issue
6. Lasik
7. A housekeeper
8. Have no regrets! (Good one - I'll keep it on here too.)

Happy Birthday!! I am glad you got to go to your favorite place to eat!! Enjoy th rest of your day!! I am getting there. soon enough i will be 30.. ugh! :) enjoy
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday friend! We miss you!!
ReplyDeleteHope you had a great Birthday Ragan! I am excited for your house too. Jacob is working hard on it. I will live vicariously through you until we can do the same thing OK! Love, Becky : )
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday. You are not getting older just better.
ReplyDeleteReverse the order of the age number, and Tim's robbing the cradle. You think your getting old I am soon to be 45. Believe it or not as a child I thought man that seems old and then here I am and it really doesn't seem that old anymore to me, cause time flies. Happy Birthday! That Restaurant sounds good! Can't wait to see the 50mm pictures.
ReplyDeleteI love your lists. Every time I come here I want you to live next door to me so we can be friends : ).
ReplyDeleteGlad you had a good birthday! James had a hard time with 30 too!! Hope all is going well for you guys!! :)
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Ragan!! You are so not old and you are crazy if you are seeing wrinkles! I am glad you got to enjoy your day! I usually make my birthday last at least a week because I love to celebrate!
ReplyDeleteHappy (belated) Birthday!!!! I agree that you should have a Mardi Gras Week worth of Birthday Festivities. :) (ps. I enjoy Fringe, too!)
ReplyDeleteBy the way Ragan you probably have a little Arthritis, and the cold weather doesn't help. You need to get the joints moving. Unfortunately that sounds like exercise. It is supposed to help. It wouldn't hurt to see if it makes a difference for you.
ReplyDelete