Monday, September 28, 2009

General Contractor Update

We drove to Dry Fork Canyon to see the house that the general contractor is building and I'm excited to say that I was pleasantly surprised at the quality. It turns out that this guy and his brother do pretty much ALL of the work themselves rather than hiring out subs. They do hire out the electrical and plumbing and we'd still need someone else to dig our well, but they'll do all the actual building. So we had him come pick up a set of our revised house plans tonight to work on a price breakdown for us. I'm trying not to get my hopes up because who knows what might happen from here, and Tim is feeling a little nervous/anxious about the whole thing but at least SOMETHING is happening!

3 comments:

  1. Oh goodie! I couldn't get your ordeal off my mind yesterday! I would die if that were all happening to me! You're a trooper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There may be a very good reason that Heavenly Father wants it done this way. His will be done you know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wahoo! Well, I will say a little prayer for you that things will turn out well! Good luck. -Jill

    ReplyDelete

Anyone should be able to comment, but if you use the anonymous tab make sure to leave your name with your post. Thanks!