They finished excavating yesterday, it took a little longer than they thought it would. Today they're setting the footers. Now, at the risk of sounding stupid, I'm going to admit that I'm not exactly sure what footers are... but that's what Tim said they were doing today :p



And I couldn't resist playing around with a little sun flare on our general contractor's sign.


Don't feel bad, I had no idea what a footer was either. I was reading your blog to him and he was telling me about them...and I can safely say that I have already forgotten. He did mention something about how your house sits on them like shoes...or something. Anyway. You aren't alone, both in wondering what they are and in the excitement that they are making some progress!!! Wahoo! :)
ReplyDeleteIts so exciting to watch your home being built and progress being made.
ReplyDeleteI enjoy all of your blogs and reading about your family. You take great pictures. I bet your contractor would like some of your pictures. Footers has been explained to me about a million times and I still do not understand it. It is exciting watching a home being built.
ReplyDeleteWho knows what a footer is? Not me! : ) I think, since you are like a WORLD FAMOUS blogger, you should tell your builder to give you a big discount for your advertising efforts. : ) For real! I know you have influenced COUNTLESS other Las Vegas house owners to want a house by them too : ) Right? : )
ReplyDelete