Tuesday, January 19, 2010

My Latest Obsession

You may remember that I'm a tad bit obsessive (just a tad). My latest obsession is with crocheting. I hadn't crocheted in YEARS, but I really wanted to make an elf hat for the newborn shoot I did last week. I saw a picture of one that another lady had made and she included a link to the pattern, so I thought "What the heck!" and I bought the pattern. Of course, once I had the hat, I had to have a diaper cover to go with it. How cute is this? It helps that the baby is ADORABLE, but look at that hat and diaper cover! I just wish it had actually covered ALL of her diaper.


While I was working on those, Camden asked if I'd make him a hat, so I found a pattern I liked and bought yarn to match his coat... and then found out that I crochet WAY too tight. His hat, that was supposed to be 2T-4T, ended up being newborn size (no wonder that diaper cover was so small! It was supposed to fit up to 6 months... not sure why the elf hat turned out okay). So I used a bigger hook and tried to loosen up and finally got this:


While looking for the pattern for Camden's hat I came across several other cute patterns, so I had to get a few for Emme. I've made two so far, but only took a picture of one today:

Ironically, my best friend Jaime is sharing in this obsession. She has sent me several patterns too. Tristen and Jarek have both asked me to make them hats. So, I should have enough to keep me busy for a while.... I just wish I didn't have so many other things to do!

5 comments:

  1. Crocheting is a lot of fun. Even though you don't feel like you have time, your kids will love and cherish your creations for years to come. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw. so cute I love all three! I sooo wish you could have taken some newborn pics of ethan. i need to update my blog really bad...but he is 5 weeks and has already lost that newborn look...they grow WAY too fast! Have fun with those hats :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh. LOVE the baby picture. You did a wonderful job! Is there anything you are NOT good at Regan? I didn't think so!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey girly!
    You hats are super cute. Where did you find your patterns. I would really like to make the first one for my little guy before he is born, and I can't find any good patterns. Help!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Ragan! I bought the pattern and we'll see if I can make one. I'm a total dork, I have a real hard time translating patterns. I'll let you know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete

Anyone should be able to comment, but if you use the anonymous tab make sure to leave your name with your post. Thanks!