Friday, January 8, 2010

Concrete & Power Poles

I'm sure you're wondering by now what comes after stem walls. We had to wait for a warm enough day to pour the concrete for the basement floor (it had to be over 10°!). Yesterday was it. They started pouring at 9 a.m. and there was no way I was heading out that early to take pictures, so I switched my camera to auto and let Tim take it. (I did do just a bit of editing to these).




I made it over yesterday afternoon to get a shot of it all smoothed out:

The guys from the electric company also showed up yesterday. They had originally wanted to charge us an additional $500 to take out two of my dad's trees or $1,000 to set another pole 10' from my dad's pole and run straight over from there. Of course, my dad was not about to let them cut down his trees! While he was home for Christmas he convinced them to set our pole on the other side of the road and run the wires diagonally across the road. They did have to put a stake in my parent's front yard though...I'm not sure what my dad's going to do about that.

1 comment:

  1. I'm jealous!! I wish we were building a house right now! I hope it goes so smoothly for you from this point on!!! Hopefully you'll be in it soon!!!! Then I can bring my kids over just in time to mess it up!!! he he he

    ReplyDelete

Anyone should be able to comment, but if you use the anonymous tab make sure to leave your name with your post. Thanks!