Tristen turned 14 last Friday. I know I say this every year, but I really can't believe he's that old already.... and I really don't like how old that makes me!
Tim had a meeting in Salt Lake that day so I checked the kids out of school after Emme's Talent Share and we headed out to meet him. We stopped at my cousin's then made a quick trip through IKEA -- I really wanted to get a blanket for pictures but Tristen was NOT happy that we were shopping on his birthday, we'll definitely have to go back when our house is done. After that we went to dinner at In-N-Out in American Fork (Tristen's choice), then found a Baskin Robins and bought an ice cream cake. We stayed at my brother's house in Orem.
This was his favorite gift and the "ONLY" thing he wanted. He was such a stinker the week before when I had convinced him that I hadn't ordered them in time and they had sold old out of his size, that I almost didn't even want to give them to him.
Tristen has become a bit obsessed with the Denver Broncos, can you tell? (Yes, my brother is aware that his curtains are hideous!)
On Saturday we
attempted to go tubing at Soldier Hollow. We went last year and the kids had a blast and have wanted to go back ever since. We got there and the weather was so nice and warm and the lines were short and we thought it was going to be great.
Tim and the kids went up for their first run and I stayed at the bottom to take pictures.... BUT, they only got about half way down the hill and Tim had to pull them the rest of the way.
Apparently you can't have nice weather and great tubing! The snow was too slushy. So we got our money back and came home. They said it's better first thing in the morning or after sunset, but I don't know if we'll make it back this year.
Yesterday Tristen was ordained to the office of a Teacher at church, then immediately sustained and set apart as the secretary of the Teacher's quorum. (Sorry, no pictures of that!)
And just a couple of shots I took last night playing with the light my cousin loaned me:
A Belated Happy Birthday wish to Tristen. A very handsome young man
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Tristen! He is a very handsome boy! I can't believe you have a fourteen year old! I can't even imagine when my kids are going to be fourteen!
ReplyDeleteFourteen. I can not even believe that. He is like practically a grown up. I am glad you got him the great sneakers. He is a wonderful part of your family :)
ReplyDelete