Monday, March 8, 2010

Garage and Stairs

Things have actually picked up a bit with our house. We talked to our general contractors and set a finish date for the first of May. I'm skeptical, but keeping my fingers crossed. Our trusses were delivered today and will be installed tomorrow, which should really change the appearance of what's been done so far -- so I wanted to make sure to take a few pictures today.

We picked out our appliances Saturday so we could give the cabinet guys the measurements. We went with black Whirlpools. I'm getting a double oven with a separate gas cook top. I've missed the gas stove that was in our house in Vegas.

They poured the cement for our garage last week and then framed it. The top of the doorway will be arched when they're done with it.


They've also built the stairs, and yes, that is ice covering our basement floor.


I wanted to get a shot of the front of the house to show the difference the garage makes, but the generals' truck and trailer were in front and I didn't think they'd appreciate me asking them to move it for a picture ;)


The snow is FINALLY melting (thank goodness!), but that means lots and LOTS of mud!

And a hazy shot of my Jae, just because.

2 comments:

  1. Reading your blog makes me feel like we are hanging out, even though we aren't. :) I am excited about your house. I am also dealing with the muddy mess! My cement cutter for my basement windows was COVERED by the time he was finished on Tuesday and I need to get down in the holes to put some foundation sealer on the wall before we cover it back up and I am dreading it. Ugh. But hey, progress is 100% worth getting a little dirty (and totally worth other people getting dirty for you).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Jae is SO sweet : )

    ReplyDelete

Anyone should be able to comment, but if you use the anonymous tab make sure to leave your name with your post. Thanks!