Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Still Unpacking

Wow, moving is a lot more work than I remember it being! I was thinking it's kind of like pregnancy and labor -- if you didn't forget how hard it was you would never do it again. We have WAY too much stuff, and this is after my FlyLady kick and getting rid of a ton of stuff the year before we moved here. This house will be quite a bit bigger than our house in Vegas once it's finished, but for now we're in about the same square footage we were in there and my things just don't fit the same.

It also doesn't help that my OCD has insisted on washing EVERYTHING before it goes into my house. So I can't just unpack things where they go, I have to unpack them into the not-so-efficient high efficient dishwasher or washing machine, wait 2-3 HOURS for them to wash and dry, THEN put them away.

But, we have made some progress. We can now fit both vehicles into the garage....although, Tim better not get too comfortable with his work truck in there because that's where I intend to shoot all of my studio sessions until he gets my actual studio in the basement finished.

We've also run into more problems..... The lighting in my kitchen, dining room, and garage are currently not working. The electrician was supposed to come figure out what the problem is today and never showed up (of course!) Luckily the appliances are apparently on a different breaker and they're all working okay....except that my dishwasher STILL isn't draining even after the Whirlpool repairman came to "fix" it yesterday. I was also quite disappointed to find that my brand new top of the line fridge and cooktop are both scratched -- not sure if it was the lady they hired to clean or somebody else along the way, but I'm NOT happy about it. And we're still waiting on a faucet for the tub in the kids' bathroom and a shower door for our bathroom.

1 comment:

  1. The house is beautiful! I bet you are just in Heaven finally getting to move in! So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete

Anyone should be able to comment, but if you use the anonymous tab make sure to leave your name with your post. Thanks!