My plan was to move the heavy things over Monday night then move everything else over in some kind of organized manner and clean it all as I went..... that didn't happen! My dad decided that since we had help EVERYTHING needed to go from his sheds. My garage is a huge mess! My dishwasher leaked the first time I used it and is still having issues, and let me warn you (just in case you're buying new appliances any time soon) -- "high efficiency" does not mean fast! For dishwashers or washers and dryers. So it's taking longer to get everything clean than I expected.
Monday night Tim and Sean (my cousin's husband) installed our fridge and realized that we couldn't open our freezer all the way because the handle was hitting the wall of the arched opening into my laundry room. We paid a TON of money for custom cabinets and I expect them to be fully functional. SO, we ended up having them switch the ovens and fridge, which meant they had to rip out that section of my kitchen, cut out part of the wall to switch the wiring and water line, then put it all back together.....which they did in about 24 hours (Country Cabinets really has been great to work with and our poor general spent ALL day working on it), but it resulted in a HUGE mess with drywall dust EVERYWHERE. I've spent more time cleaning than unpacking so far.
I cleaned the basement today, which is still unfinished except for Tristen's bedroom. They had swept, but it was still such a mess and I didn't want to store anything down there until it was clean.
Hopefully we'll make some progress tomorrow while Tim is home from work.
These pictures are from a week ago and are already on Facebook, but I don't want to skip them here.
The exterior, finally finished. The colors are not quite what we had imagined, but we do think they came together nicely and I like that the red clay dirt isn't going to stain them (which it does to all the houses out here).

Garage floor that Tim and my dad decided to seal before we moved in:

My curvy sidewalk and flower bed. The concrete guys had already put their straight forms up when I got over there the morning they were pouring it, but they were really nice when I asked them to curve it even though I don't think they were very happy about it.

Hearth and Mantel complete (I'll have to get another shot now that the logs are out of the box):

Living room:

Gas cooktop:


It looks fabulous! I really love your dark wood.
ReplyDeleteWhy don't contractors understand custom cabinets? We had problems as well in our house. Actually in our Master we still can't open our bottom cabinets all the way but it's something we deal with. Luckily our kitchen worked for us. Good luck with the rest of it!
Very excited for you. It looks positively perfect! : ) I hope you have a wonderful weekend of arranging and organizing. I can't believe it is finally here!
ReplyDeleteI like your style. Very nice. Yes you have problems and will find new ones as things settle. It is just a small part of life here on Earth.
ReplyDelete