Tuesday, February 5, 2008

They keep growing, and growing....

So, maybe peas and squash aren't the best things to start indoors in little tiny pots. Live and learn, right? They grow way too fast! I think I need to figure out some way to stake the peas and I'm afraid their roots are going to be all tangled together by the time it's warm enough outside to transplant them. It is supposed to get into the high 60's here next week though. Everything we seeded has now sprouted, even the stuff I planted a week after these ones. The tomatoes were the last to come up, but they broke through today.
January 26th.


February 3rd.

Tonight Camden climbed up on the piano bench and sniffed the plants (they're on the back of the piano), then he licked his lips. I can't wait to see how excited the kids get when we actually have vegetables growing on them.

4 comments:

  1. I found your blog on Kendra's. I hope you don't mind that I am looking at it. Your family is getting so big! They are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We must learn the hard way. Sounds like a great way to get children to like thier veggies. Coby loved all veggies until this year and now he is saying he hates them. When I ask since when..he tells me that as he grows up his taste buds will change. I say no they will not. Good luck on your garden.
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so fun, I think I don't need to start anything like that until april?? Good Luck I'm sure they'll taste great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't have to worry about that ever happening to me because I would never attempt to grow anything in my house!! You are a domestic goddess!!!

    Ciao

    Lac

    ReplyDelete

Anyone should be able to comment, but if you use the anonymous tab make sure to leave your name with your post. Thanks!