My little ham got to take the stage again yesterday as a Hula Dancing Chameleon. This is another great thing about our school. Every year they have two professional actors from Missoula Children's Theater come and put on a production. They do auditions on Monday after school, then rehearsals every night that week, then put on two productions on Saturday that roughly (and they do mean roughly) follow a famous children's story. Two years ago Jarek was a Mexican Jumping Bean and Tristen was a Circus Performer in Jack and the Beanstalk, last year they didn't get to audition because Tim and I were in Japan that week and I didn't want to make their grandparents deal with it all, this year it was Robinson Crusoe. It really is pretty amazing what just these two actors accomplish in one week. They use community involvement for EVERYTHING, but they direct it all. Tim helped set up and take down the set and I helped sell DVD's last night.
Nana and Grandpa (my parents) are staying in their 5th wheel in Cottonwood Cove at Lake Mohave right now and came down for Jarek's play. Nana kept telling us how beautiful and calm it was there, so we decided to all go spend the afternoon with them today. Of course, while we were there the wind was blowing like crazy. Have I mentioned that Tristen and Jarek have decided that they're pirates? Tristen got more exercise chasing that silly hat around!We survived the sleepover! But tell me, WHY do they call it a SLEEPover when there is no sleep involved??? I expected them to stay up late...and they did...two of them were still awake when Tim and I went to bed around 2 a.m., but then they got up early too! We were all so tired yesterday. I'm thinking one sleepover a lifetime is good, right?

Oh my kids were so sad to have to miss the play! They were both in it last year and LOVED it!! They were just talking about it the other day! Sad! And the weather looks amazing! I so wish we had even half of that!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm tired just reading about all of your fun activities! Looks great though.
ReplyDeleteWe lived for sleepovers!!!! And there was never much sleep.. I loved them and I have so many fun memories when we were not sleeping. You have to admit one sleep could never be enough!!!
ReplyDeleteso fun! I love sleep overs! I could do them all the time. I love getting all the blankets out and a tent set up in the living room and popping the popcorn and renting the movies! It's like my favorite thing! But then again, I myself don't ever sleep so that might explain why I can tolerate the late hours!! I'm proud of you, you pushed through it even though you wanted to die! You're a good mom!
ReplyDeleteLac
By the way- funnest school ever! I can't believe how much they do with the kids there. I WISH there were anything like that available in a public school here. I'm so jealous. Kiah is bored out of her mind. I'm seriously contemplating Challenger. The public school here just spends all their time on the kids who don't get stuff and no time with the kids who need more to do. It's aggravating. The trip with the Grands looks like so much fun and that's a really adorable picture of the family!
ReplyDeleteLac