Friday, May 9, 2008

Old Friends & New Cake

Whew! This has been a busy week. Lots of errands and running around, PTA meeting Tuesday night, baby-sat all day Wednesday, went to the Temple Wednesday night, and I got to spend the morning with an old friend yesterday. Julie's husband had to come into town for work so she came with him and brought their cute little girl, "Jader." We went to the splash park and walked through the demonstration garden there, then just hung out at our house for a while. It was fun to chat and get caught up with each other, and I can't believe how fast the time went by. Hopefully it won't be so long before we see each other again.



On top of all that, I decided to make a cake for Jarek's wonderful teachers, since it is Teacher Appreciation week. I also collected $ from some of the other parents and bought gift certificates for massages for both of his teachers. They really are the greatest teachers EVER and I'm so sad that this year is almost over.
I'm thinking this cake may have cured me of my new found cake decorating hobby though (at least for a while), it was a bit more complicated than Spider-Man.

5 comments:

  1. It is fun to visit with old friends isn't it. Great pictures of everyone. You are so talented. That cake sure was fancy. I bet the teachers are going to miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cake, I wondered if that's why you hadn't posted for a bit! I saw on Julies blog that she was going to Vegas. That must have been fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a super awesome cake!! I want to be like you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy Cow! You inspired me to make a pretty cake. My friend and I are going to do one soon. We just have to think of an occasion : ). Although, isn't every day an occasion? Happy Mothers Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ragan - Very impressive cake!!! Looks like a fun and delicious hobby to me!
    Spending times with old friends are the best!
    How was your Mother's Day?

    Love - Pep

    PS .. Did Judy ever start her blog?

    ReplyDelete

Anyone should be able to comment, but if you use the anonymous tab make sure to leave your name with your post. Thanks!