Saturday, May 3, 2008

Spider-Man

We had a youth fundraiser Spaghetti Dinner and Cake Auction tonight to earn money for camp. Each of the youth were supposed to bring a cake to auction. I was just going to have Tristen make a football cake, but then I got this idea to turn it into a Spider-Man cake. It was the first time I've ever used rolled fondant (the extra smooth icing). We spent ALL morning decorating. It was fun though and it turned out pretty good, if I do say so myself ;-) It sold for $100 and it took third place in the judging.



7 comments:

  1. You are a genius : ) and so is Tristen! Way to go. Fondant?!? Impressive to the max! Wowser!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang! We are having our spaghetti dinner and Auction this Fri night and James signed me up for a dessert- If I were as good as you I'd do the same thing- but since I'm not I don't think I will even ATTEMPT it! :) That looks AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know the very best part of it....you and your son did it together. That is a great looking cake.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I'm very impressed. I love working with fondant, hate the taste, but love the look. It looks great after you've died it. Awesome JOB!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great looking cake! You guys are so talented!!!

    :) L

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome cake, I love it! You did such a great job! You're always making these homemade creations that are so phenomenal and beyond my realm of motherly actions! You are super woman!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ragan - Neat Cake! And the music tops it off so perfectly! :-)
    Hugs, Pep

    ReplyDelete

Anyone should be able to comment, but if you use the anonymous tab make sure to leave your name with your post. Thanks!