I thought I had served my time in Cub Scouts. When we first moved into our ward 3 1/2 years ago they called me to serve as the Cub Committee Chair. It was good for me to be involved with Tristen there. I did that for about a year before they called me to something else. I've been in the Young Women's Presidency now for 15 months and I've been happy there. I love the girls and I've become good friends with the other leaders. BUT, we have nine leaders and only 3-5 active girls at any given time. Apparently they've decided that the proportions are off... and that the Primary proportions are off in the other direction. One teacher had 21 kids in her class last week! Soooo, they called me to be the Cub Scout Committee Chair, AGAIN. Sigh! I don't know that I'm all that excited, I was kind of feeling like they didn't really need me in Young Women's....but Cub Scouts again??? I would definitely rather do that than teach Primary though! Jarek will be starting Cub Scouts in August, so I guess as a mom to mostly boys, I'm destined to spend much more time with Scouting. Maybe when Emme turns 12 they'll put me back in Young Women's.

I have your way out!
ReplyDeleteMOVE!!!!!!
When August comes around you will be happy to be where you are at. Until then, well, try to have a happy heart about it all and see what happens.
ReplyDeleteDoes that mean they finally released Sister Nihipalli? I know its not the funnest calling out there (I worked a lot with the cubs as second counselor) but I'm sure you will be awesome. Good Luck!
ReplyDeleteRagan, I had all of the older primary children in my class, and I believe there were 22 of them, but believe it or not it went quite well. Normally I only have about 3-4 children. I think treats as a motivation helps. I always bring them except on fast Sundays. I agreed to do so for good behavior since I started taching this class. I love your blog. It is awesome! Prepare to be bored by mine. But feel free to checkout my nieces. They have some very cute ones. Nicole and Mary's are great.
ReplyDelete