My friend Jen invited us to take the kids to Anderson Dairy yesterday. My friends Melissa and Melissa came along too.We've been once before but it's been a few years. They take everybody into this cute little room with talking animals, then they walk you through the halls around their factory where you can see them making milk and cottage cheese and ice cream. They have it all set up really cute. The tour ends back in that same little room where they show a short movie about their dairy, then everybody gets ice cream. Yum! We had Cookies & Cream.
The kids had fun and it was a great way to get out of the house and stay out of the heat while getting to spend time with our friends.
Emme and one of Melissa's little girls, Camryn, were so cute -- they walked hand in hand pretty much the whole time we were there.
Of course, Jarek had to be right up front for the entire tour.
Tristen is SUCH a huge help with Camden when we go places. He keeps him right with him, which means Camden gets to stay with all the kids while Mom gets to hang back with the other adults ;)
Thanks for inviting us Jen, and thanks for tagging along with me Melissa and Melissa!
Last night Tim found out that his grandpa was flying in from Mexico. He's been having some health problems and came to check himself into a hospital. His Aunt Connie came in to pick him up but Tim wanted the kids to meet their great grandfather, so we took a quick trip to the airport to see him. He looked good but apparently he IS pretty sick :(



Sounds like a great fun day to me. Something I would enjoy as well as the kids. Lots of learning too. I have milked a cow, made cottage cheese, made cheese and made ice cream. Lots of work to do all this with machines.
ReplyDeleteI will pray for Tim's grandpa. It is great the kids got to meet him.
It is pretty fun and the kids love the ice cream and show. I have just finished copying the 3 column and scrolling middle layout instructions from sjhblogdesign. and will try it later. I am also going to try some stuff from the instructions for blog design. Like using photobucket.com to download digital paper to and extracting the url code from that so hopefully I don't have the repeat pattern thing for a background everytime. I am hoping this works. I did change the transformation blog background. I like it better. I just wish I could download it the way it is and not with all the repeat pattern. Redoing it helps me to learn this stuff better. I know the last one didn't last long.
ReplyDeleteBrandon played at Michael's next door to you yesterday and had a great time.
I hope things improve and get better for Tim's grandpa.
I have always wanted to take my kids here. It looks like so much fun. Maybe one day!
ReplyDeleteHow fun! You will have to keep me posted on the next few play dates until I get a job! I have a hard time just staying home all day! I want to play!
ReplyDeleteHello Ragan, I attempted the 3 column template and it is not an easy task. I am not sure if I needed to change the template from the lefty minima or not. I tried to work with the one I had. I aborted it and have reverted back to the old one. I may try it again at another time, but I think I will wait until I change the whole thing. It is tempting to start a new blog, and try it there then delete it. For now I think I am happy with what I have. Hope life is treating you good. I did change the wls blog, because I did not like the background that much. Line upon line they say. Especially when learning to do a blog background and all the other fun stuff with it.
ReplyDelete