Friday, July 25, 2008

Jae's Room

I helped the boys clean out their rooms and rearrange their furniture this week (or, rather they helped me....a bit). We did Tristen's room first and he is SUCH a hoarder. He had junk stashed EVERYWHERE -- and it really hasn't been all that long since we cleaned it out last. Then we did Jarek's room and the amount of junk he had didn't even compare to Tristen. In fact, the amount of stuff in general (toys, furniture, decorations) in Jarek's room didn't compare to Tristen's. So, I started feeling guilty. We never really finished Jarek's room after we moved in. I decorated Emme's room right away because it was the first GIRL room I got to decorate, then we did Tristen's room in a space theme. I had big plans for Jarek's room. My mom started collecting the Chevron Cars for Tristen the year he was born and I had planned to put shelves up all the way around Jarek's room to put the cars on, but four years later they're still sitting in the top of his closet in the boxes I packed them in the last time we moved.

My mom and I painted this mural for him:
But that was as far as we got. I looked for Chevron Car bedding, or curtains, or wall paper borders, and couldn't find anything. Then the Disney Pixar CARS movie came out and I figured that was close enough, so we got the bedding. At the time he had bunkbeds in his room, so he got both a twin set and a full set. Then for his birthday last year we got him a car bed. And that was all he had in his room yesterday when we cleaned it out -- a mural on one wall, his car bed, his dresser, and the old computer. Poor kid! So I went shopping last night and bought him a CARS poster to put above his bed and the little chairs to go with the computer. I decided he needed curtains, so I used the full size sheet set to make some today. I also touched up the paint in his room (as well as along the stairs, the loft, and the hallway -- I could KILL whoever invented flat white paint!!!), and it's finally starting to look like a cute little boy room :) I'd still like to get some shelves to put the Chevron Cars up on the wall his bed is against though.... maybe if we stay here another four years ;)

6 comments:

  1. You should check out Michael's or JoAnn's. Then you can try out one of those really cute paint and shalck things. It is a new way to do furniture and you could even take some cute car pictures and decopage them on. You can use several paint colors to tie the colors in. You need to go to Michael's to see what I am talking about. There is a kids table in the back that is painted really cute. I am sure you'll come up with something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean. Kaishon's room looks the same way. I had great aspirations but none of it came to be! I am impressed that you and your Mom made the mural thing. You are amazing : )!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good! You and your Mom are quite talented.

    ReplyDelete
  4. His room looks totally cute! You have a gift, Ragan. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the room! You are very talented. The ceiling fan is great too!

    I found some really cool transparent removable decals that look like they are painted on for my grandson. His mom wouldn't let him put anything on the freshly painted walls, so we found the decals at Lowes. They are Pirates of the Carribean, and come in all sizes and themes..including borders.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, lets find the inventor of flat paint and ask them WHY!!!??? Jerek's room is looking very cute for a boys room. I can't believe you did the mural (well yes I can, you're amazing!)

    ReplyDelete

Anyone should be able to comment, but if you use the anonymous tab make sure to leave your name with your post. Thanks!