Interesting title, huh? :)
We got up and got all ready for church this morning and got everybody in the van in just enough time to make it to church on time.... and the van wouldn't start! It's been acting a little funny and we were planning on getting it into the shop soon, but apparently not soon enough. So since we don't all fit in the Neon anymore, Tim ran Tristen and Jarek to church so Tristen would be there in time to pass the sacrament, Then he came back for the rest of us. I might have just decided to stay home but I had to substitute teach primary today so I had to go. Tim put the battery charger on the van when he came back for us to see if that would help.
I taught the 7-yr-olds and I have to just say, I am SO glad they didn't call me as a primary teacher! It really made me miss the girls in Young Women's -- they're so much better behaved through church. My class wasn't horrible, a few of them were just extremely chatty. I didn't know which lesson they were on so I just picked "Love One Another." And we made it through! But I think I'll avoid all primary teachers from now on, in hopes that they don't ask me to sub ;)
We got our neighbors to bring Jarek home so we didn't have to make two trips (Thanks Melissa and Ryan) and the van started right up when we got home. We'll probably still have to buy a new battery though.
And now, yes, I'm going to post about poop! Because.......CAMDEN WENT POOP IN THE POTTY today!!! YEAH!!! I haven't pushed him to potty train, maybe because he's my baby (not that I WANT to change diapers any longer than I have to), or maybe just because I've learned that it's better to just wait until they're ready. He likes to sit on the potty but before today nothing had come of it. Tim and I laid down with him while the other kids were in quiet time (which is my favorite time of the day, by the way) and after a couple of minutes he started saying "Poop, Poop!" So I asked him if he wanted to go poop in the potty and he said he did. So I rushed him into the bathroom, and he did it! We had a short little quiet celebration then climbed back in bed and he woke up Daddy (who had already fallen asleep before we got out of bed) to tell him what he did. Then within about 5 minutes he was out, which is where he still is now. I'm not going to get my hopes up, but it's definitely a beginning!

You are right not to push the potty. That just stresses out everyone. Kids will learn when they are ready and not a second before then. Sorry to hear about the car problems but everything worked out ok.
ReplyDeleteYeah Camden! Potty training can be one of the worst and most stressful times, I'm glad Camden (and you) are so relaxed with it. Ariana loves to sit on the potty and try (every store we go to she says she needs to go potty) Still not potty trained yet but I'm trying to not push too hard or get too stressed because I HATE POTTY TRAINING!
ReplyDeleteI love that approach too : ) and look how great it turned out! I am sorry about your van battery. We just had to get a new battery for our truck. It made me sad to spend that money since we are getting a new car soon, but what can you do, right! I hope you don't have to teach primary for a long, long time again!
ReplyDeleteHey was Brandon in that primary class? If he was well, I just know he can be a stinker sometimes. Half the time I can't get him to shut the mouth. He is so chatty. It wears me out.
ReplyDeleteI figured I'd pop by and check out your blog after the terrific job you did of mine.
ReplyDeleteYay on the poop. Can he send the same thought to my two year old?