Saturday, September 27, 2008

E is for Elegant Event

Emme's kindergarten class learned the letter Ee this past week. Of course, at McDoniel Elementary they don't just learn about elephants and eggs, they learn about etiquette and had their Elegant Event. This was one of our favorite events when Jarek was in kindergarten (only, having to dance with a GIRL was a much bigger deal to him) and I'm glad Emme was here for it this year. It was a bitter-sweet last day for us. The kids all get to dress up and perform a little dance for all of the parents, then they are served elegant food and practice their etiquette saying "Yes please," and "No thank you." They were so cute! I don't have any pictures of the dance because I was recording it with my other camera, and that battery is dead now...so I'll have to upload the video after we move.



Speaking of moving ~ tomorrow is the big day! And I have WAY too much to do to be sitting here posting, but I had to get these pictures up :) I have my photo shoot today, which I'm still worried about, and we still have a TON of packing and cleaning to get done. We're going to pack my computer up today so I won't be posting again until we get there.

Au revoir! (French! Tim will be proud).

9 comments:

  1. What a cute idea! Your school does seem amazing. I would miss it too.

    Good luck with the move. You will be missed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful thing to do....no wonder you will miss this school. Emme is just so cute. I would love to have a copy of these pictures..when you have time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. E is for Elegant... I LOVE THAT IDEA! I am going to have to share that with some of the teachers in our school! Sounds like so much fun!!! As always, Em is a little Princess.

    Best of luck with the move! SOunds like it's going to be an adventure - but a good one! And, I am sure the kids will always have fond memories!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great! She looks beautiful Ragan! What fun and quite the memory making impression on these young children. It should start young, so that when they get older they will want to be treated nicely and do the same for others. Might be that the Roosevelt area will need a few ideas. Who knows they might be grateful. Again I hope things turn out better than you expect or desire in your new move, and for you and your families future.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your school does sound adorable : )! She looked so pretty for the Elegant Event. I am praying for you every day and every night : )! Much love!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun activity! I miss you already!! I hope you had a safe drive and that you are getting settled as best you can!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm praying for you so much! All night I kept thinking of you and you move! And praying : )!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great learning activity! Good luck with the move!!!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. How is the unpacking? I am praying : )!

    ReplyDelete

Anyone should be able to comment, but if you use the anonymous tab make sure to leave your name with your post. Thanks!