We're here. Still not sure I want to be, but we're here! We got in pretty late Sunday night and the kids didn't go to sleep for quite a while so I let them stay home Monday. They all seem to be happy with school here so far...I'm not so sure about that either! It's definitely not McDoniel, but I knew it wouldn't be. We did get the bus to come all the way up to pick them up in front of the house this morning, which it's never done before, even when I was in school here ~ I had to walk to the bottom of the hill. My cousin lives just down the road and her kids have had to walk quite a ways to the bus stop because they require 5 children to make a new stop, my three (in school) make five. So that's a good thing. I don't like how long they're on the bus though. They get on at 7:30 (which is 6:30 NV time) and school doesn't even start until 8:20. And I think the younger two are on even longer in the afternoons. Both the elementary and junior high are about 8 miles from here, in opposite directions! Actually, they're not quite opposite, it's kind of like a triangle, they're around 8 miles from eachother too. Anyway, it would be about 64 miles a day if I were to drive them. I do drive Emme to afternoon kindergarten though.
I still don't think I've completely unpacked a single box. I've pulled stuff out of most of them but haven't gotten all the way to the bottom yet. We left most of our stuff in Vegas. We'll have to run back and get it before we get our house rented. Maybe around the 17th, since the kids are out of school for UEA.
Here's Emme's video from her Elegant Event. One of them anyway. It's kind of long and repetitive, sorry about that.
Wednesday, October 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I'm glad you made it. Hope you can get adjusted, and get settled. It's a hard adjustment to move sometimes.
ReplyDeleteYou made it! Hope you get settled quick! At least the kids are in school already! Mine aren't yet!
ReplyDeleteGlad you made it safe. I wasn't quite sure if I wanted to be in Orderville when we moved here too... So I kind of understand how you're feeling. Hopefully you'll get settled in quick! :) Also- I kind of figured out how to do a bog... kind of... :) I designed a header and got that on the blog for our reunion, but I had a background paper up. But after like a half hour it would be gone and just a plain white background. I switched the background color to green, and now every time I try to save the paper, nothing will show up anymore. Anyway- does any of that make sense? I just want the cute paper up instead of the green. Maybe you could help me with that! :) Thanks!
ReplyDeleteI'm praying for a miracle. Whatever that means for you : )!
ReplyDeleteHey lady! Glad you made it safe and sound. Is it a weird feeling leaving there again?
ReplyDeleteI also wanted to see if you could send me your moms applesauce cookie recipe again? I know you sent it to me once before but since we moved I can't find it again. If you know where it is, could you please send it to spunkylife31@gmail.com?
Love you!
I can't wait to get together with you and your kids the next time I am out. Keep us updated with all the new changes in your life.
ReplyDeleteI'm praying for you friend o rama : )! Crossing my fingers and hoping! Hoping for unexpected happiness!
ReplyDelete