Is anybody out there? I feel like I've dropped off the face of the earth. I haven't had a single non-business e-mail (other than a forward -- thanks Mandi!) in the past 3 days. And my comments have dropped again :( Come on people, I'm not dead! I feel like I need to sing that song that Donkey sings in Shrek..."cos I'm all alone, there's no one here beside me." If it wasn't for the comments I am getting, I might really go crazy. Then how would you all feel? :p
Okay, so maybe I'm not adjusting so well. It's COLD here, what can I say? I took pictures to show everybody just how out in the "middle of nowhere" we really are. These are from my parents' yard:



We drove to Vernal tonight to meet some of Tim's family who were out there, and the area we were in was really pretty. It was just off of the Green River with nice fields and smooth hills, but it's not like that here. It's much rockier terrain and there are TONS of Cedar trees. I'm not crazy about Cedar trees.
My parents left today too, which is adding to my loneliness. They probably won't be back until Christmas. After I took Emme to school this afternoon the house was SO quiet. My mom has always been here when I've been here. And now that she's gone, I have to cook! They've been staying in the 5th wheel this past week so we could have the house, but they were always right there.
Then tonight we saw a mouse in the house! I HATE mice!!! I hate them with a passion...maybe more than anything in this world! My mom swore up and down that they hadn't seen any mice or any trace of them for months. Sure Mom! She tells me that every time I come out, and then, every time, they magically appear. I refuse to live with mice. That right there might be enough to get me back to Vegas. We never had a mouse in Vegas. Cockroaches, yes -- BUT NO MICE! My parents already had Decon out but apparently it missed it. I made Tim set a trap and we better catch it! Otherwise I'll have to figure out lots of things to keep me out of the house until we do. I'm already going to have to sterilize EVERYTHING, EVERY time I use it now. It came out of the coat closet, which means it was probably in there when I hung Camden's jacket up when we got home tonight...and now that I think of it, Jarek and Emme's backpacks are on the floor in there -- GREAT!
ERRRRR! Tim just informed me that it took the cheese -- apparently he doesn't know how to set mouse traps.
So, just so this post isn't completely negative, I do have a slideshow to show you what people do for fun in the middle of nowhere ~ they play in the corn!
Oh, and this is Hitchhiker.

My parents picked him up on the side of the road when he was a tiny little kitten, hence the name. He was my grandma's cat before she passed away last year. Now he's just whoever's cat. He's an outside cat ~ the best kind...although he's not doing a very good job of taking care of the mice! I told Tim we should stop feeding him. He's not extremely friendly but he lets Emme play with him, and he's about as close to a pet as we're going to get for a while.

We miss you! The class lining up in the morning is just not the same without you and Emme! That Monday after two little girls in the kindergarten class next door were looking for Emme.."Where's Emme? She's always here by now."
ReplyDelete:-( I hope you are adjusting-what great pics! It helps pf course that you have such cute kids! Take care :-)
Ragan SUnshine I'm so weirded out that you are in the middle of nowhere pretty much. So different from your Vegas life. But I'm sure you'll adapt, you're resourceful!!! How far are you from Sandy? I want to see you!
ReplyDeleteIt went well-I think I may have written too much so I will have to work on that :-) I think I might be asking Blogger Botique to make a cuter page for me-I was not happy at 1am trying to find stuff. Small confusion on the time-I don't think anyone heard that Tammie had changed the times to 6pm, so I sent out an email last week to remind which I think caused more confusion, aahhhh! Other than that little mishap it went great! We had a great turnout.
ReplyDeleteOh girl!! I feel for you!! I am such a city girl - I tried living in Provo for a minute but even THAT felt like the middle of nowhere for me! But how fun for your kids to play in corn fields! Sounds like a riot!!
ReplyDeleteSo, just know ... you are missed!! And p.s. since I sent out my little 'i-have-a-blog' announcement, I have gotten a few phone calls on how cute my page is!! THANKS!!
Ohh how i hate mice. I am very thankful i have never lived anywhere that have mice.. Yuck.. gives me the creeps just thinking about them. I know there not that bad, but ewww!! I feel for you totally. Your welcome for the email.. I will send more.. I really want to keep in touch. I know we weren't close when you were here. keep in touch. I don't care for animals much either, i wanted to say, cats deffinately not. Don't like them at all, and i'm allergic..so no pets here.. I would feel lonely also if my parents left me when I got there, and living in there house without them, weird. I hope you adjust soon. thinking about you.. How's Tim's job going?
ReplyDeleteI feel like I check this every day and there isn't a new post, and then today I check, and apparently I missed one million things...I am worried about the mouse with you! You weren't kidding about being in the middle of nowhere. I couldn't believe your pictures. It is very beautiful. You are going to make LOTS of new friends and have SO much fun, you won't believe it. Praying for you!
ReplyDeleteOh, and that cat...is adorable! I love outside pets too. We are pet less just becuase of cat pee and fleas etc : )
ReplyDelete