Tim reset the mouse trap with peanut butter and apparently it didn't like the peanut butter (probably because it was low-fat). And this morning I found mouse tracks in the kids bathroom, which I know are fresh because I scrubbed that bathroom a few days ago. And the bathroom isn't even close to where we saw it last night....which means.... there are probably MORE MICE! I remember hearing somewhere that for every mouse you see, there are something like 10 you don't. Please pray with me that that is NOT true!
Thank you for my comments :) They do help. And I feel bad for saying that I'm ALL alone because my best friend Jaime is here and she even called and talked to me for a while yesterday. And my cousin Chris lives just down the hill behind us and they invited us to dinner last Sunday. And there's Ann Marie who works in the office at the elementary school AND goes to my parent's church and is Jarek's Cub Scout Den Leader, so I see her quite often. And the Whitings came by to visit a couple of nights ago -- they're a relatively newer family out here, he works for my uncle.... who also lives down the hill. Actually, I told Tim that it's kind of like a weird Twilight Zone here because I know a LOT of people, they're just different. Older than I remember them mostly (I have been gone 12 years), and most have a country flare to them, which I didn't notice for some reason when I was growing up here.
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Oh I feel SO sorry for you!!! I HATE mice too! We found a fe in NH and I HATED it!! We found that the sticky traps work really well! They step on it and are stuck and can not get off! There is something on there that kills them. Everytime we put some out we caught the mice! Good luck! If you are ever bored and want to talk call me!! 702-325-8276 cell or 205-639-1478 home! :)
ReplyDeleteI don't appreciate being called different!! j/k
ReplyDeleteI know it is an adjustment for you, and I am really really sorry about that. I really don't do much during the day but sit around and think about how much I should be doing, so let's get together, for lunch, to take pictures, to scrapbook, to hang out....whatever!! I'm bad at calling people, I have this issue with bothering people, I just can't do it! Maybe I should look at it, as not bothering, but just wanting to do something. Anyway, I hope I can help your adjustment be a little easier!
Sorry I haven't left you a comment lately. I love the pictures...I love open spaces. This is my kind of place. Play in the corn...that would be fun. Call friends...make yourself something to do. Sorry I don't feel bad for you. Soon you will be busy doing things.
ReplyDeleteI know I already told you this, But I hate mice. I am sorry you haven't caught them. Hopefully you can get rid of them soon. I seriously wouldnt' be sleeping.. EWWW. Good luck.
ReplyDeleteI will be commenting on all of your posts.. hehe!! I want to keep in touch with you. I know we weren't really close when you were here, but i want to stay in touch with you. Put yourself out there, and get involved, so not me, so i probably shouldn't give advice, but i hear that helps when feeling alone, and you do have your best friend. Thinking of you!!!
Hey Ragan! I hope you are doing better, even with the ol' mice issue. I hope you can get rid of them very very soon. :)
ReplyDeleteJust wanted to let you know we are thinking of you here in Kansas. Hang in there!
I guess you are going to have to move back to Vegas, I can guarantee there are no little mice in your house here!! I hope you solve the problem soon! I can understand how weird it is to go back somewhere you used to live when you have changed so much. Good luck with everything.
ReplyDeleteOkay, I can totally vouch for the mice thing. When we lived in Hurricane, Utah, we had a mice infestation in our rented home. The landlady had some crap stored in a locked room in our basement and the room started stinking like crazy after a few years. We broke into her room and found mouse crap over everything. She had some food stored in that room (improperly stored, I might add) and the mice were having a hay-day! We set four traps and killed more than 30 mice in 3 days. We would set the traps, close the door and hear the mouse trap set off while we walked away. It was disgusting!! Austin - bless his heart- spent hours cleaning out the room of mouse crap, food crap, and furniture crap. I'm surprised he didn't catch some sort of disease.
ReplyDeleteOkay, so hopefully I didn't gross you out with my story, but I wanted to say that maybe it won't be as bad as what we experienced. Fingers crossed!
EWWW I hate mice too. Knock on wood, I haven't ever found one here. Scorpions yes - mice no. In fact I had to kill a scorpion the other day! That's what we get for living close to the mountains. I love the pictures of where you live. It looks beautiful! I felt the same way when we moved to Las Vegas. I didn't know anyone and I didn't have any family here, I hated it, but what can I say, it has grown on me. Keep in touch with us!!
ReplyDeleteWe have them also. Merik caught 2 in traps with peanut butter. We know there is another one in the garden area that we saw. Some were in the garage and the other seems to be hiding under the shed outside. What a joy, not! You sound like you have alot of relatives there. I won't I we move there. Just you and your family.
ReplyDelete