My Jae got baptized today. He's been almost as excited about this as he was about his birthday. He asked me a couple of days ago if we could just fast forward time somehow.It was a nice little service. My mom gave a talk on baptism and Tim's mom spoke on the Holy Ghost. Tristen had the grandpas speak at his baptism so we figured it was only fair that the grandmas take their turn ;) My cousins Lorrie and Seona came and a couple of our friends from out ward were there, as well as Jarek's primary teacher, but I was disappointed that we didn't have more of our family there.
After the baptism we invited everybody over for a barbeque at our house. I was so glad my parents had come over earlier in the day and my mom helped a LOT with getting everything ready.
I'm proud of Jarek and so grateful for him. He really is a blessing in our lives.



What an exciting day! I love going to baptisms just to see the look on the children's faces. It is like they have been waiting their whole life to do this and their day has finally come and they are so happy. It's priceless.
ReplyDeleteCongrats Jarek! It doesn't seem possiblr for him to be that old already!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a handsome little man!! :o) Congratulations to him!!!! You didn't tell us he was getting baptized or you know we would have been there. :o) ha, ya right, but if we were closer we would have loved to been. Hope it was a great day for you all.
ReplyDeleteCongrats!! What an exciting day! I bet it was a lovely day!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! I love baptism services. That was one of my favorite things that I was asked to help with in the Villa Bonita ward. The spirit is so sweet especially when it is a young one like Jarek who is so excited and ready to be baptized.
ReplyDeleteCongrats Jarek. What a special day he had. That is so great. I love the pictures.
ReplyDeleteThe baptism was great, and so was the fun gathering afterwards! He's growing up so fast.
ReplyDeleteWhat a special day! He is so sweet. I am thankful God put him in your family!
ReplyDeletePS I love the music on your blog! So pretty. I have been sitting here for 10 minutes listening to it. I think I hear laundry calling...It doesn't sound as pretty as your blog but it is calling LOUDLY!!
I wish I could have been there!!!
ReplyDeleteCongrats to Jarek, such a huge step. Akira is coming up on his baptism and I can't even believe it. The pictures you took of the big day are so cute! They're all getting so big! I bet you're a proud mama!
ReplyDeleteWhat a special day for your whole family. We were so disappointed to miss it. I had a party scheduled that I couldn't get out of. However, it seems like it was a lovely evening and I love the pictures! They turned out well!
ReplyDelete