The kids were out of school Thursday and Friday for UEA so Tim got those days off work and we went back to Vegas to get all of our stuff. We drove out Wednesday night, packed all day Thursday, I went shopping Friday morning (which was great :) ), then we had 18 people show up to help us load the U-Haul Friday evening. Tim had asked some of the guys from his old job to help and we had asked our ward out there for help. We really didn't expect so many people to actually show up, but it was nice that they did -- Thanks guys! We got it all loaded then Tim and I stayed up late cleaning and touching up the paint. Then, we got up early yesterday morning to finish cleaning and packing the odds and ends and we drove back. I had thought we would stay until today but Tim wanted to get back so we could unload today....where we're going to unload is still a bit of a mystery. My parents have three sheds, one is a little metal shed that Tim built last week, the other two are mostly full of their stuff already. So we're going to try to divide what we can't fit in my parents house between the three sheds (and I hope you don't need to get to any of your stuff when you get back Mom and Dad!).
We're pretty sure that we have our house rented. It's a grandma, mom, and two kids who already live in our neighborhood. They came over while we were moving so we could meet them.
Anyway, I'm trying to be positive about the whole move....I still really miss Vegas, the weather was PERFECT while we were there, but I'm going to set a goal to blog about one thing I like here every day for the next week or so. Starting tomorrow ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Well I can't wait to hear the great things about Utah : ). I am praying for you and the kidgets constantly!
ReplyDeletewow busy week huh! Im sure it will work out great! Can't wait to hear your positive thoughts!! :)
ReplyDeleteThings seem to be working well for you. The house may be rented soon. Your parents are allowing you to utilize their home. Hope the 1 mouse that was caught is it. You had a ton of help with the move. By the way they announced a division in the stake to be discussed next week at the stake center at 4pm. It will be interesting what they have decided. Our ward hasn't been overly crowded with attendance, but who knows what will happen.
ReplyDeleteMoving is such the life experience, I'm glad you were able to get plenty of help and hope your potential renters turn out to be golden!!!! :) The Lord is keeping an eye on you my friend!
ReplyDeleteI am glad you had so much help!! Isn't it great to know so many great people. I am so happy for you. I know it's hard moving from somewhere you love, but I hope you adjust and find things you love about there also.. Can't wait to hear about things you like..
ReplyDeleteI prayed that you wouldn't be feeling sore today after all that moving! I also prayed you would find places to 'shove' all of your boxes! : )
ReplyDeleteTammie said she had a "Ragan sighting" at the mall the other day :-) Stay positive, your family will be thankful for a strong wife/mom, which we all know you are. I'm not so sure if I could have made that move in such short notice, you are stronger than you realize!
ReplyDelete