Thursday, October 23, 2008

Glazed Meatballs

This is one of Tim and the kids' favorite recipes. (Of course it's one of the kids', it has sugar!)

Glazed Meatballs
1 lb. ground beef
1/2 C oatmeal
1 egg, beaten
1/2 t Dijon mustard (I like a little more)
Salt & Pepper to taste

1 C chicken broth
small can pineapple tidbits
1 green bell pepper, diced
2 1/2 T cornstarch
1/2 T soy sauce
1/2 C sugar

Heat oven to 450°. Mix ground beef, oatmeal, egg, mustard, salt and pepper. Shape into 1" balls. Bake on cookie sheet 10-15 minutes until cooked through. Heat broth, pineapple, and bell pepper in saucepan. Simmer 5 minutes. Mix remaining ingredients together in bowl, add to hot broth. Stir until sauce glazes. Heat meatballs in glaze. Serve over steamed rice.

The original recipe called for a slice of bread soaked in milk instead of the oatmeal, but I don't like the soggy bread texture.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds delicious! I'll let ya know how we like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds delicious! I'll let ya know how we like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds so delicious! Oh my goodness! I think I will make them for supper tomorrow night! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Anyone should be able to comment, but if you use the anonymous tab make sure to leave your name with your post. Thanks!