
Cute though, huh? I tag.... anybody who wants to play.
As for my positive thing for today ~ this really is harder than I was thinking it was going to be. I just went to make dinner and realized that the meat I bought Monday expired Monday, nice! It still smelled okay so I was going to go ahead and use it anyway to make Sweet and Sour Meatballs....but I didn't have any Dijon mustard, which is a crucial ingredient. SO, I decided to make my mom's Soupy Macaroni instead. I started browning the noodles and apparently my mom's stove gets much hotter than mine. I walked out of the kitchen for MAYBE a minute to put something in the boy's closet and when I came back in the pan was smoking and the noodles were black. So I gave up and called Tim and told him to bring dinner home (once he actually answered his phone).
So, Jaime was my positive thing for yesterday and today it's everybody else that I grew up with here. I run into people I know (or people who know me) everywhere I go. It is kind of sad though to see how everybody has aged. As I sat in church the Sunday before last I looked around and saw how the people who were already old when I was little are now really old. But it's also neat to see how my generation has grown up. It's nice to have existing friends here and not have to start from scratch like you normally would when you move.

Ragan why don't you write about the people you are meeting that are old friends? Maybe make a list, just so you realize just how many friends you really have. Or maybe, things you like about them. It can be very simple things. Bum deal with the burnt dinner, but oh how nice to have fast food for convenience. Also the use of cell phones.
ReplyDeleteHey, I would love your sweet and sour meatball recipe. Unless it's a secret. It sounds good. I went to the Rainforest cafe last week. The food was good, but it was a bit pricey. Baylee insisted on sitting in the cool chairs from the bar. It was a zebra one.
ReplyDeleteRagan :-)
ReplyDeleteI'd love your sweet and sour meatballs recipe, too! Sounds yummy!
Love that tag idea- I'll have to check and see just what's in my fourth file!
Hang in there, girlfriend...it will get better with each day.
Gosh, your children are growing fast. I can't believe Camden! It seems you just posted all your adorable belly pictures - and we talked about both wanting name a boy "Camden" .... you were blessed before me ....but I remain faithful knowing my time is coming soon!
Hugs, Pep
YOU SOUND LIKE A BUSY WOMAN. MY BLOG IS SO PLAIN NEXT TO YOURS. I JUST DON'T HAVE VERY MANY FRIENDS THAT BLOG THAT LOOK AT MINE, MAINLY FAMILY. IT IS FUN TO LOOK ON YOURS AND SEE WHATS NEW. TELL EMME HI FOR ME
ReplyDeleteJENNY
don't know why it called me anonymous. i'll try again
ReplyDeleteAs time goes by you will see more positive things to blog about. Just look for them. Count your many blessings...list them one by one.
ReplyDeleteRagan, deer meat or any kind of wild game can taste very gamey if you don't strip off the hide immediately after killing the deer and remove the glands of the animal quickly. The longer it sits with those things on the gamier tasting it is. My friend Denise doesn't generally like deer meat because it taste gamey, but we made some for dinner and she really liked it. She was pleasantly surprised. Her husband goes hunting all the time and tried it first, and then said Denise you've got to try this. We have it bottled like you would use for the meat with spaghetti sauce. In other words it has onions, garlic and seasonings.
ReplyDelete