So, I'm going to go with the obvious. My positive thing about living here for today is my best friend Jaime. Jaime and I have been best friends our entire lives. We were born two weeks and two days apart. Her birthday is December 20th and mine is January 5th, and NO Jaime, that does NOT make you a year older than me! We grew up together, we were both the youngest child with three older brothers (she now has two younger sisters that are Tristen's age). We went to school together, we went to church together. We pretty much did everything together. Even though she lived probably three or four miles away, she was still one of our closest neighbors out here.
She has five kids now and it's fun to see her with them, a couple of them are just like her and I'm sure her mom thinks it serves her right ;) Her oldest is in Jarek's class at school.
We've had years that we've kind of done our own thing and not had a lot of contact but I've always considered her my best friend (well, until Tim came along anyway ~ but she's still my best girlfriend) and it's nice to get to see more of her.... Although, it is her fault we're back here!


YAY for friends.. Always greatful for those, especially the ones that we've known for a long time.
ReplyDeleteBest friends make a huge difference. So does the air we breathe. How are your children liking the change, or is it to early to tell?
ReplyDeleteGood friends help alot when you have to be somewhere you don't want to be. The wind blew hard here yesterday but I didn't have to chase down a metal roof.
ReplyDeleteI was completely convinced that after our families spent all of that Saturday evening together (Painting shirts and making dinner) that you would be tired of us already. I drove home from your house and thought were rolling through my mind, the main thought was that it is so fun to have you back and to just feel sooooo comfortable around you and being back in your childhood home bourght back a lot of memories. The other more nagging thought was that...."Ragan is probably soooo glad that we are gone, and she's probably thinking how quiet her home is now that we've left!
ReplyDeleteI hope the craziness doesn't outweigh the fun of being together. Lets get together again, but NOT at my house....until I can get it finished and organized, so you don't have to see my disaster!
I'm glad you're back. I know this is a really hard move for you! I hope thinking of positive things will help!
Tomorrow is crazy hair day for the kids!!!! That's exciting!!!