We carved pumpkins tonight. Yes, it is a little late to be carving pumpkins, considering that Halloween is TOMORROW! We had planned on doing it Monday night for Family Home Evening, but it didn't happen. So we did it tonight.



We found that it takes longer to carve pumpkins than we had remembered, especially when you try to use a fancy template instead of just the basic triangle eyes and nose and toothy grin. The kids ended up having to go to bed and poor Tim stayed up and finished Jarek and Emme's. What a great Daddy he is!

I didn't even realize it but I lined them up from youngest to oldest to take a picture -- Camden's is the cute little spider -- didn't he do a great job? ;) Emme's is the cat, Jarek's is the skull and cross bones, and Tristen's is the scary scar face.
And.............
What's Halloween without a Jack-O-Lantern cake???

I made this for the cake walk at the school carnival tomorrow.
We must be the cool ones- carving the night before halloween! They look great! Awesome cake too!!
ReplyDeleteThey look great! Go Tim! Way to finish the task for your children.
ReplyDeleteI like your cake, too, Ragan. Very cute!
Cute pumpkins!!! Love the cake. You did a great job on that also. How fun!
ReplyDeleteOkay, I just did that same pirate skeleton on the fake pumpkin I have, last night. Boy are you talented. Your cake looks fabulous. Is that fondant for the mouth, eyes, nose and stem? By the way the problem with doing the real pumpkins early in the week is the don't last long enough. I always do the day before or the day of. The problem with that is it does take a while, and the day is usually quite busy. I have decided to buy the fake pumpkins after Halloween and then I can carve it for the next year and don't have to pay the full price. Also, I will have a fun collection to display. I bought a really nice hot knife at 1/2 the price, it is used for many different things. I wanted it to help speed up the process and make things easier.
ReplyDeletei like to see a girl get down and dirty!! go emme!! tristan's pretty serious with that knife. looked like fun, what a mess!!
ReplyDeleteIf it makes you feel better, we are doing our pumpkins tonight... yes, the day AFTER Halloween. We were in charge of the Trunk-or-Treat for our ward and that kinda took over our week, so our kids were neglected this week as far as Halloween traditions go.
ReplyDeleteTurns out though, that it is not a good idea to carve pumpkins early in LV. We planned on a jack-o-lantern contest for our TOT last night, but only got 4 entries. Why you ask? Everyone said their pumpkins were either molded or writhered up... ah well...
I am loving your cake too!! Way cute!
They look so good. Are you sure you guys aren't professional pumpkin carvers? You can't fool me Ragan.
ReplyDelete